Rakuten or SBI or Monex

bryanc
Veteran

Re: Rakuten or SBI or Monex

Post by bryanc »

i set up with monex for the ideco and nisa.. i wanted to ask about the process of sending money to put in the nisa..for monex i had to set up an account via them with mizuho(you can choose) which is where i send the money into my monex nisa acct..
out of interest,i am interested if this is how it works with sbi and rakuten -or do they have their own company bank accounts you can put money in for the nisa?is there a reason monex dont have their own bank accts?
thanks
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

SBI and Rakuten are part of big conglomerates that have their own banks (SBI is actually branded under the bank) but you can use any bank account you want to fund your account. It doesn't need to be SBI bank or Rakuten Bank. They just give you incentives to want to use their bank but nothing you couldn't live without.
bryanc
Veteran

Post by bryanc »

thanks again for the clear and concise explanation..
reason was asking is that with monex I send to a monex mizuho acct and then I presume it automatically transfers into my nisa acct(is this correct?)
however,local bank account and the monex acct are in different names(middle name issue) so was worried that it wouldnt go thru correctly..(seems to be what it states on the monex page) .if thats the case i would have to route it some other way..
first time doing this so just wanted to avoid any issues..everybodys patient help is greatly appreciated..