Gamestop Discussion

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
MajesticSoup
Regular

Re: Gamestop Discussion

Post by MajesticSoup »

Breaking

Reddit WSB got taken private. Might be cleaning out all the bots, or might be cooperating with requests from reddit team, or perhaps another entity.

WSB discord also taken down at the same time. Panic selling ensues, but an even greater amount of people are pissed and buying GME just to spite the system. Fun times ahead.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Viralriver wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:49 pm Got 3 shares @294 USD.
I really can't talk after my very public crypto fiasco, but just to point out here that this stock has a realistic value of around $15 right now, and buying it for 20x that might work out okay or may well not.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Bushiman
Veteran

Post by Bushiman »

MajesticSoup wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:17 am Breaking

Reddit WSB got taken private. Might be cleaning out all the bots, or might be cooperating with requests from reddit team, or perhaps another entity.

WSB discord also taken down at the same time. Panic selling ensues, but an even greater amount of people are pissed and buying GME just to spite the system. Fun times ahead.
Cheers for the update...
I only bought one share and am not bothered either way... Counting it as money lost from the start... Just fun to see what happens and be a part of it! :lol:
iDeCo -> Established
新NISA -> Established
Jr NISA -> Established (Running quietly in the background)
UK Pension Voluntary Contributions -> Up and running
All thanks to RetireJapan...
Viralriver
Veteran

Post by Viralriver »

RetireJapan wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:23 am
Viralriver wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:49 pm Got 3 shares @294 USD.
I really can't talk after my very public crypto fiasco, but just to point out here that this stock has a realistic value of around $15 right now, and buying it for 20x that might work out okay or may well not.
Haha I know I know, only throwing in money I don't care to lose. Plus wanted to try this out. Call me stupid ^^'.
seb
Regular

Post by seb »

by the way, WallStreetbets is back already.

In the meantime, if you need to see people repeating "hold with :gem: :hand: to the moon :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:" there are backup subs that got created like wallstreetbetsnew and stonktraders. But all of them have a real bot problem.

Edit: I can't believe those emoticons worked on here haha
Kanto
Veteran

Post by Kanto »

How did everyone do?

My AMC position blew up 400%+ percent -> I removed my invetment+100% and let the rest ride.

My BB position is up 100% -> I removed my investment and let the rest ride.

You might say I have paper mache hands? However, I am playing with the house's money now!

Momentum investing is quite a ride. Imagine someone doing this with their nest egg? :shock:
MajesticSoup
Regular

Post by MajesticSoup »

I think people are playing into an unprecedented game theory / prisoners dilemma situation that has very little to do with the realistic value of GME.

What we know
- About 100% of shares for GME are borrowed for shorting. This is the catalyst that gives buyers confidence, even at 350 dollars.
- Mass media is on our side

Where things go from here

1. If enough people hold, there will not be enough shares available for shorters. This brings them into a situation where shareholders effectively get to choose their own prices because, as long as price holds above 300, shorters are absolutely done. The vast majority of options expire tomorrow. This includes 4 billion from Melvin, unless they really did pull out. This would be like playing musical chairs, except shorters have to play with the condition that they can only sit down if any one of the players (shareholders) gets bored and leaves the game.

2. If not enough people hold, this frees up shares to be returned to the shorters, and as shorters leave the market, the price will stabilize a little before dropping extremely fast. This would be a musical chairs situation where you do not want to be caught with the shares last.
Viralriver
Veteran

Post by Viralriver »

And I can see me with a Rakuten account holding those shares kinda late haha. Still hoping my sale order can go through relatively quickly when I put it through.

What are your sell orders on?

I'm thinking of sticking a couple hundred $ in some of those other tickers, though again I was probably a little late.
MajesticSoup
Regular

Post by MajesticSoup »

I'll probably hold onto BB for well after GME is done as long as people keep hyping it.

For GME, I'm going to try and hold on until next week.
OkiBum
Veteran

Post by OkiBum »

Kanto wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:59 am How did everyone do?

My AMC position blew up 400%+ percent -> I removed my invetment+100% and let the rest ride.

My BB position is up 100% -> I removed my investment and let the rest ride.

You might say I have paper mache hands? However, I am playing with the house's money now!

Momentum investing is quite a ride. Imagine someone doing this with their nest egg? :shock:
Are you using a Japanese Broker?

Also you mean BBBY right? BB is the ticker for BlackBerry :lol: