Monex now doesn't accept alises

Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Re: Monex now doesn't accept alises

Post by Roger Van Zant »

Kanto wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:10 pm
Roger Van Zant wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:47 pm
blos wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:29 am And here I was thinking of moving my iDeCo from Rakuten to Monex because Monex offers the emaxis slims to squeeze the last yennies out of my little savings. Got the phonecall this morning and the support person was like, no go with alias, please change the name at your bank instead. That's not going to happen I'm afraid.

https://faq.monex.co.jp/faq/show/5303?s ... in=default

Looks like SBI has emaxis slims and have no problems using aliases. I guess SBI will get my meagre business instead.

We should start making a blacklist of the financial institution that don't allow aliases. Shinsei is another one, I keep them only for a cheap way to receive and convert funds from overseas.
SBI does not offer eMaxis through iDeCo, only through NISA.
This is not true.

HA7d4OYssssssss.jpg

SBI however only has Emaxis all Country Ex-Japan, not Emaxis All Country.

This can be fixed by purchasing a TOPIX/Nikkei fund along with it.
I see. Thanks for the correction.
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
iDeCo (Monex) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
新NISA (SBI) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
Japanese pension (kosei nenkin) ✓
UK pension (Class 2 payer) ✓
blos
Regular

Post by blos »

adamu wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:21 am My guess is that My Number using your passport name is the cause - everything else has to integrate with that. Although the whole concept of a unique ID is that the textual name is not supposed to matter, but the Japanese art of 一致 is a force to be reckoned with.
I haven't shown my passport but to immigration for the last 10 years or so :) MyNumber card has both alias and my 'home country name' on it so I use it exclusively for all identification. I don't even have to show the zairyo card any more, all places are happy enough with mynumber. Even when I moved my cellphone contract, OCN didn't ask for zairyo card.

Well ok driver's license has been needed a few times, like when applying for credit cards for some reason.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

blos wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:40 am Well ok driver's license has been needed a few times, like when applying for credit cards for some reason.
It is (was?) possible to get kanji alias on driver's license. Mine is in brackets after my name. I remember it being a bit of a slog getting them to do it the first time, but now they just copy it across every time I renew the license. Precedent rules over everything in Japan ;)
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
blos
Regular

Post by blos »

RetireJapan wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:17 am
blos wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:40 am Well ok driver's license has been needed a few times, like when applying for credit cards for some reason.
It is (was?) possible to get kanji alias on driver's license. Mine is in brackets after my name. I remember it being a bit of a slog getting them to do it the first time, but now they just copy it across every time I renew the license. Precedent rules over everything in Japan ;)
I've heard of this too, just have to request it at the time of renewal I think. My next renewal is in a few years and I'll definitely poke them a bit about it :)