Changing Address Rakuten-Sec and iDeCo

Chris
Regular

Changing Address Rakuten-Sec and iDeCo

Post by Chris »

Hi All,

Wife and I bought a house in Osaka city and moved this weekend!

I have been in the process of changing address on everything, which is an extra mission with iDeCo considering how Japan, especially the pension office/JIS&T is with all this administration stuff (slow and mostly by paper).

I have changed my address online with Rakuten-sec. This was surprisingly easy because I was able to do it online.

My question is will they automatically update my iDeCo address too?

My contributions come out of my MUFG bank account (preferred to do iDeCo myself instead of by employer) on the 26th of each month and ideally don't want this address change to cause any issues with my January 2021 contribution.

P.S - I have also updated my address with MUFG.

Thanks

Chris

UPDATE: 26th January 2021

Sent off (by post) the change of address form for the iDeCo last week. This likely has not been delivered/actions yet.

However, the money has come from my MUFG account for January 2021 contribution today :D

So for any future readers, I think it's all good to just change address on on Rakuten-sec and your bank account. Still worth sending off the change of address form too though, but luckily it does not seem to affect contributions.
Last edited by Chris on Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
taneandy
Regular

Re: Changing Address Rakuten-Sec and iDeCo

Post by taneandy »

This isn't something I've done myself yet, but as nobody else has replied yet I had a quick check of Rakuten's website.
It looks like there is form specifically for ideco that needs to be submitted.

Seems like you can download the form from the following page:
https://dc.rakuten-sec.co.jp/flow/procedures/
Chris
Regular

Re: Changing Address Rakuten-Sec and iDeCo

Post by Chris »

Many thanks.

I will check this out. Hoping it does not cause issues for my January 2021 contribution coming up..