Changing NISA from Rakuten to MONEX for 2022

Chris
Regular

Changing NISA from Rakuten to MONEX for 2022

Post by Chris »

Hi All,

I finally got my MONEX account open and activated after it taking almost 4 months due to name issues (Japan).

I have got Tradestation set up on it and to my surprise the phone app is all in ENGLISH!

Not only that Tradestation has all those stocks Rakuten does not, as well as access to OTC markets too!

My questions are:

1) How is easy is it to add money to my Tradestation account via MONEX? I will be putting some money on my MONEX account later to test it out. Will this money automatically be mirrored and represented on my Tradestaiton account? If not then is the moving of funds from MONEX to Tradestation a simple task?

2) Can I use NISA with my MONEX>Tradestation account?

3) If the answer to 2 = yes then in January 2022 I would like to start using MONEX for my NISA allowance. I currently use Rakuten-sec for 2020 and now 2021. I am happy to leave my 2020 and 2021 investments on Rakuten-sec so will not need to migrate them over to MONEX, but I am more concerned about the process required to ensure my NISA is on MONEX as opposed to Rakuten. Is it just simply a case of not purchasing any shares in Rakuten under NISA come January 2022? Or will I have to call Rakuten-sec to tell them I don't want my 2022 NISA to be with them for 2022?

4) Just to confirm, my 2020 shares in Rakuten will remain tax free until December 2024 and my 2021 shares in Rakuten will remain tax free until December 2025 even though I will no longer be using Rakuten-sec for NISA? (I will obviously be keeping the account because I use them for my iDeCo).

Thanks