Credit Score System in Japan

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
atreju

Credit Score System in Japan

Post by atreju »

My second post in this forum!

I apologize if anyone asked this before, but does anyone know if there is a credit score system in Japan? Is there a way to check it? There is one organization called CIC that allows you to check your credit status for a fee, but I wonder if this service is "official" and actually used by Japanese banks and other financial institutions. There is "myscore.jp", but it covers only five banks (including SBI Netbank) and three regional credit unions.

Thanks!
Last edited by atreju on Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
anonymousB
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Re: Credit Card System in Japan

Post by anonymousB »

I used the CIC system recently trying to understand why I am still rejected when applying for credit cards.

The site is legit.

Did not help me to understand the reason, though.
KyushuWoozy
Veteran

Post by KyushuWoozy »

anonymousB wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:02 am I am still rejected when applying for credit cards.
Have you tried EPOS? Due to having zero credit history, and basically having no income, myself and Mrs Woozy were rejected by other cards but both accepted by EPOS. We chose EPOS after reading threads on various forums which recommended them as the company that are likely to accept you when others won't. It worked for us. As with most countries though it's best to leave 6 months after one rejection before applying for another card.
https://www.kyushujourneys.com/
Kyushu's Biggest Fans!
atreju

Post by atreju »

Thanks AnonymousB and KyushuWoozy! I will check CIC too and I report back to this thread.