IDECO allocation Monex

Fraussie

IDECO allocation Monex

Post by Fraussie »

Hi guys

I'm opening my IDECO account and need to chose a fund allocation.

Do I just need to follow the basic rule of balancing the portfolio between equity/bonds? Or do you just put 100% into eMaxis Slim All Countries?

Cheers
beanhead
Sage

Re: IDECO allocation Monex

Post by beanhead »

It is entirely up to you, and the answer will also depend on how many years you have to contribute.

However, it seems sensible to maximize the tax-free benefits of Ideco by investing mostly in stock funds rather than bonds. Put bonds in the tokutei taxable account as they will not generate much in the way of capital gains.
Ideco can be rebalanced later so as you get closer to needing the money you can change your allocation to bonds if needed.

I am waiting for the paperwork for mine to come back so I haven't started yet. At only 23,000 a month, my plan is to go as aggressive as Ideco allows and do 90% or so in the Vanguard world index and maybe 10% in emerging as well (Rakuten).
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
JapaneseMike
Veteran

Post by JapaneseMike »

Agree with beanhead about it being up to the individual depending on reitrement goals/etc. I originally had some bonds in my iDeCo but I swapped them out about a year and a half ago. Currently my allocations are 75% 三菱U国際スリム先進株マネDC and 25% 三菱U国際スリム新興株マネDC.
Fraussie

Post by Fraussie »

Thanks guys - I've got my bonds covered somewhere else. I will go 100% equity for IDECO given it's a tax free account.
Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Post by Roger Van Zant »

My iDeCo is 100% in the eMaxis All Country. I use Monex.
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
iDeCo (Monex) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
新NISA (SBI) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
Japanese pension (kosei nenkin) ✓
UK pension (Class 2 payer) ✓