Selling funds in a Tsumitate NISA (SBI)

atreju

Selling funds in a Tsumitate NISA (SBI)

Post by atreju »

Hello,

I want to sell the fund I have been investing in my Tsumitate NISA on SBI, but it seems I cannot use the money in a lump sum purchase after the sale, although the money will remain in the Tsumitate NISA account. Does anyone know how this works at SBI? I looked for info on SBI's help page but I could not find anything, just instructions on how to do the operation. If I am not mistaken, SBI does not allow switching, so I am wondering what can I do with the money...

Thanks!
Kanto
Veteran

Re: Selling funds in a Tsumitate NISA (SBI)

Post by Kanto »

atreju wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:00 am Hello,

I want to sell the fund I have been investing in my Tsumitate NISA on SBI, but it seems I cannot use the money in a lump sum purchase after the sale, although the money will remain in the Tsumitate NISA account. Does anyone know how this works at SBI? I looked for info on SBI's help page but I could not find anything, just instructions on how to do the operation. If I am not mistaken, SBI does not allow switching, so I am wondering what can I do with the money...

Thanks!
You know if you sell a fund in the NISA you cannot rebuy in the Nisa, right?

The money will be debited to you after the sale is complete and you will lose that space in your NISA.

You cannot rebalance inside of a NISA, only iDeco accounts have that feature.

If you want to rebalance into more stocks as you stated in your other thread then switch to 100% stocks until you hit your preferred ratio, then readjust your buying. It is almost always better to rebalance through purchasing, and not selling.
atreju

Post by atreju »

Thanks. I was not sure of it, that is why I asked this question in the forum.
TJKansai
Veteran

Post by TJKansai »

I just started reading this board and wow, wish I had found it 10 years ago!

I set up a Jr Nisa for my son and bought him LINE. Then forced a buyback, and we'll be getting cash, much to my surprise. I had thought a NISA worked like an American IRA, but I guess not.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

TJKansai wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:48 am I just started reading this board and wow, wish I had found it 10 years ago!
Welcome! We've only been around for about six years though (the main site almost eight) ;)
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)