IDECO - Application Process

OkiBum
Veteran

Re: IDECO - Application Process

Post by OkiBum »

An update on my progress, so they sent the documents back to me as there were some errors as my company was confused and filled in some incorrect information.....sigh...

So after getting those fixed, I resent the documents on the 12th of February. Hopefully I should get an email within a week after the documents are accepted.
Gareth
Veteran

Post by Gareth »

Received an official certificate of my new private pension today. Interestingly it doesn’t say iDeCo anywhere on the certificate. Also in the envelope were a few information booklets that I haven’t ploughed through yet. Again no problems with omitting my middle name.

Also confirms two months worth of payments will come out on Feb 26th and then on the 26 each month after that.

Looks like I’m good to go! Thanks RetireJapan!
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Gareth wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:20 am Received an official certificate of my new private pension today. Interestingly it doesn’t say iDeCo anywhere on the certificate.
Great stuff!

I'm guessing it said 個人型確定拠出年金 on there somewhere (the official name for iDeCo) ;)
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Gareth
Veteran

Post by Gareth »

Not quite, it says 個人型年金 ? Is there any difference between the two?
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

The certificate is called 個人型年金加入確認通知書

Beats me why they don't write the official name for iDeCo on it. Maybe it serves multiple purposes? 🤷 Maybe 個人型確定拠出年金加入確認通知書 was too long, but that doesn't seem to stop them usually.

From the official guide: (https://www.ideco-koushiki.jp/library/p ... vision.pdf)
iDeCo(個人型確定拠出年金(以下「個人型年金」といいます。)
So it seems 個人型年金 is just short for 個人型確定拠出年金 which is long for iDeCo.
Gareth
Veteran

Post by Gareth »

adamu wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:04 pm 個人型年金 is just short for 個人型確定拠出年金 which is long for iDeCo.
Champion! Thanks very much. Perhaps a detail to add to the wiki?
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

Gareth wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:56 am Perhaps a detail to add to the wiki?
Good idea. Will add it later, or you can do it before I get around to it. ;)

Being pedantic, 個人型年金 could include Defined Benefit pensions. I wonder if they issue the same certificate in that case...
Gareth
Veteran

Post by Gareth »

Gareth wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:27 am Got my username and password from JIS&T. Tried logging in on the JIS&T website. That worked.

Tried logging in on the Monex iDeCo site but that didn't work. However, I see from another post that you need to wait until after the 20th of the month for the account to be activated (the poster said this for Rakuten but presume it's the same for Monex too?). Will check it again after the 20th and will report back. There does seem to be two log-in IDs on the letter. I tried both but neither worked. I presume one is for the JIS&T site and the other is for Monex but with the same password?
Reporting back. The log-ins don't work on the Monex site, even having waited until after the 20th. Have others received a separate log in and password for the Monex site after they received the JIS&T one? I didn't sign up for a normal taxable account, just the iDeCo. Thanks.

EDIT: Think I'm coming to the realization that there isn't an iDeCo only account for Monex? If you want to use the Monex account to look at your iDeCo, you need to open an account (taxable or non-taxable) with Monex and then link your iDeCo to that? So unless I do that, I'm stuck managing the iDeCo with the JSI&T website?
TBS

Post by TBS »

Gareth wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:09 pm EDIT: Think I'm coming to the realization that there isn't an iDeCo only account for Monex? If you want to use the Monex account to look at your iDeCo, you need to open an account (taxable or non-taxable) with Monex and then link your iDeCo to that? So unless I do that, I'm stuck managing the iDeCo with the JSI&T website?
I think that's correct - if you do not sign up for a Monex trading account or NISA as well, you only get a login with JIS&T website.
OkiBum
Veteran

Post by OkiBum »

Edited the original post.

Payments to start from the 26th of this month.