question about selling funds (SBI Junior Nisa)

robster
Regular

question about selling funds (SBI Junior Nisa)

Post by robster »

I recently purchased an index fund in my daughter's Junior Nisa account. ニッセイ外国株式インデックスファンド
When i got confirmation of the purchase i noticed that they ended up in the 総合口座-特定預り、and not the Nisa口座 as i had intended。
I guess I must have made an error when purchasing and neglected to select Junior NISA口座。
It is not possible to move from 総合口座 to Nisa account, so it seems my only choice is to sell the funds and purchase again, this time correctly.

However, when i tried to sell, at the confirmation screen it seemed that I would not receive the full amount at the current valuation (505,915yen), as it indicated that the amount receivable would be only 480,620.
Can anybody please explain what this is about - do I lose 25,000 yen on this transaction, and why, or is there something i am misreading?
Thanks for the advice.
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg
fools_gold
Veteran

Re: question about selling funds (SBI Junior Nisa)

Post by fools_gold »

They quote an approximate price (current valuation - 5%), because the price will be a little different when the order is actually settled. You'll get the full amount in the end. Hopefully!

http://faq.sbisec.co.jp/faq_detail.html?id=11548
robster
Regular

Post by robster »

Thanks, that makes sense. I'll give it a try.
Jamo
Regular

Post by Jamo »

Yeah, I was also caught out by this. It's just to cover their asses if it drops in price before the sale can be executed. It could well go up in price.