Ideco with Monex or Rakuten?

RMA
Veteran

Ideco with Monex or Rakuten?

Post by RMA »

Hello everyone!

First of all I would like to thank this wonderful community and I cannot tell how glad I am discovering this forum. Kudos to Ben, you're changing lives.

Now let's come back to my question. I have decided to go for ideco from this year. I already have trading & NISA account with Rakuten so I applied for ideco last Friday and now have to fill out the form 事業所登録申請書 兼 第2号加入者に係る事業主の証明書 and submit it.

However today I applied for ideco with Monex, the application was accepted and I got an email saying that they will send me the papers by post and the account will be opened after 1-2 months.

Did I do anything wrong by applying both with Rakuten and Monex?

My reasons for applying with - Rakuten because I already had an account with them. Monex because it has emaxis slim world equity (all country) and my first preference for ideco is this fund.

My planned course of action - I will wait for the documents by post for Monex and prefer to go with them.

Do you guys think I will have problems receiving the documents from Monex because I already applied through Rakuten last Friday (the procedure was not completed though)?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Ideco with Monex or Rakuten?

Post by RetireJapan »

I believe until you return the completed forms and necessary paperwork your iDeCo account would not be opened, so you should be okay applying to Monex as long as you don't send in the Rakuten forms.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
RMA
Veteran

Post by RMA »

RetireJapan wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:11 am I believe until you return the completed forms and necessary paperwork your iDeCo account would not be opened, so you should be okay applying to Monex as long as you don't send in the Rakuten forms.
Thank you very much for your reply. One more thing I wanted to know. Seems like my IDeCo account will be opened by June/July. Can I put 7 months of instalments in July or this year I can contribute only for the remaining months?
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

RMA wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:32 am
Can I put 7 months of instalments in July or this year I can contribute only for the remaining months?
Only the remaining months. They start from the time they (= government iDeCo processing department) get your application. So you may have 2 months' worth taken when you start. But you cannot back-pay.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
RMA
Veteran

Post by RMA »

beanhead wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:40 am
RMA wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:32 am
Can I put 7 months of instalments in July or this year I can contribute only for the remaining months?
Only the remaining months. They start from the time they (= government iDeCo processing department) get your application. So you may have 2 months' worth taken when you start. But you cannot back-pay.
Ok I understood. Thanks for clearing it out