Ideco, Bank deduction, 1 month missing

misspeer
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Ideco, Bank deduction, 1 month missing

Post by misspeer »

Hi everyone,

My Rakuten Ideco account activated since Dec 2020 and the deduction on my Yuchou bank accountant started since Jan 2021.
I am contributing maximum JPY 23000 per month. Up until now, 5 months already deducted from my bank account, however, on JI&T and Rakuten account only displayed from Feb 2021 to May 2021, in total 4 months.

Do you have any recommend whom should I reach out about Jan 2021 contribution missing?

TIA
Butterball
Regular

Re: Ideco, Bank deduction, 1 month missing

Post by Butterball »

There’s probably nothing missing; iDeco is just slow. I think everybody who starts an iDeco soon has the same question.

The deduction is taken from your bank account around the end of the month, and the contribution shows up in your iDeco account around the middle of the following month. I don’t know why it takes over two weeks in this day & age, but it does.

So right now, you’ve already paid for your June installment (deducted at the end of May) but hasn’t appeared in your iDeco yet. But in a week or so it should be there.
misspeer
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Re: Ideco, Bank deduction, 1 month missing

Post by misspeer »

Butterball wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:27 am There’s probably nothing missing; iDeco is just slow. I think everybody who starts an iDeco soon has the same question.

The deduction is taken from your bank account around the end of the month, and the contribution shows up in your iDeco account around the middle of the following month. I don’t know why it takes over two weeks in this day & age, but it does.

So right now, you’ve already paid for your June installment (deducted at the end of May) but hasn’t appeared in your iDeco yet. But in a week or so it should be there.
Ah that makes sense. Thanks! Patience is a key here I guess :lol: