MONEX is crap **Avoid** {UPDATE!}

zeroshiki
Veteran

Re: MONEX is crap **Avoid** {UPDATE!}

Post by zeroshiki »

Kanto wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:57 am Rakuten Securities is actually flexible.

They had my name correct Jones, James Earl.

However, they were willing to change it to Jones, JamesEarl to allow me to use my Rakuten Credit card on Rakuten Securities.

A note to anyone else who faces that issue, Rakuten Card CANNOT change your name, Rakuten Securities CAN.

I asked Rakuten card to CONTACT Rakuten securities on my behalf to facilitate the process.
In my case, when I signed up for Rakuten Card many aeons ago, I had my name as Firstname Lastname. I had to correct it to Lastname Firstname Middlename1 Middlename 2 on Rakuten card first AND THEN ask Rakuten Securities to match the name without the spaces.
Kanto
Veteran

Post by Kanto »

zeroshiki wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:56 am
Kanto wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:57 am Rakuten Securities is actually flexible.

They had my name correct Jones, James Earl.

However, they were willing to change it to Jones, JamesEarl to allow me to use my Rakuten Credit card on Rakuten Securities.

A note to anyone else who faces that issue, Rakuten Card CANNOT change your name, Rakuten Securities CAN.

I asked Rakuten card to CONTACT Rakuten securities on my behalf to facilitate the process.
In my case, when I signed up for Rakuten Card many aeons ago, I had my name as Firstname Lastname. I had to correct it to Lastname Firstname Middlename1 Middlename 2 on Rakuten card first AND THEN ask Rakuten Securities to match the name without the spaces.
I had the 4000 yen a year Rakuten Gold card (Which I have downgraded to standard as they have nerfed it).

I called the "VIP" line, and asked for an English Rep. As English is a much better language for complaining in. A very nice woman with excellent Australian accented English listened to the issue.

I pretended to be naive, "oh, Rakuten is an "English-speaking" company this should be an easy fix. She told me that the easiest fix was for them just to call Rakuten securities themselves.

She wasn`t wrong, 30ish days later the issue was fixed.
Gareth
Veteran

Post by Gareth »

Gareth wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:57 am
Gareth wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:47 pm
Just wondered if anyone has any experience of adding a middle name to their iDeCo name?
Finally got round to calling them to find out about this. There were several rounds of phone calls. At first, they said no because they thought I wanted to add a middle name with a space. In the end, they realized what I wanted to do, adding a middle name with no space. They sent me a "change of name" form that I have sent back. They said it'll take about a month for it to take effect at which point I should be able to see my iDeCo on my Monex account.
It worked! I can now see my iDeCo on my Monex account.
bryanc
Veteran

Post by bryanc »

have just started with the monex-thanks to everyones help!sorry for the newbie questions but:
3 questions-

1. what do you mean by seeing your ideco on monex acct?is this different from the JIS site?

2. have charges for 2930 yen from monex-what is this/

3.what is the diff between the two values listed 時価評価額合計 and 年金資産評価額?

thanks
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

bryanc wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:52 am have just started with the monex-thanks to everyones help!sorry for the newbie questions but:
3 questions-

1. what do you mean by seeing your ideco on monex acct?is this different from the JIS site?

2. have charges for 2930 yen from monex-what is this/

3.what is the diff between the two values listed 時価評価額合計 and 年金資産評価額?

thanks
Regarding 2, this is the one-time set-up cost. See here:
https://www.ideco-koushiki.jp/start/commission.html

手数料について
各機関の手数料は次の通りです。
国民年金基金連合会:新規に加入者の資格を取得又は資産を移換した際に税込2,829円(初回のみ)、加入者の方の場合は掛金納付の都度税込105円、掛金の還付が発生した場合は税込1,048円
運営管理機関:運営管理機関により異なりますので、運営管理機関にお問い合わせください。
事務委託先金融機関:事務委託先金融機関により異なりますので、運営管理機関にお問い合わせください。
また、運用商品として投資信託を選んだ場合は、信託報酬等がかかります。
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.