Best broker for ETFs or Mutual funds

quedao
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Best broker for ETFs or Mutual funds

Post by quedao »

Hi,

I keep buying mutual funds and ETFs with my Rakuten-shoken account but I wonder if the fees are competitive and I might be better off using a different broker.

As alternatives:
I used Kabu.com in the past, they belong to MUFG the interface and the fees were worse than Rakuten during my limited experience with them.
I applied for Click-securities they belong to GMO Group, I was lazy to complete the process lol but they seemed legit and a japanese person I know to have good trading experience told that they have the best fees.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Best broker for ETFs or Mutual funds

Post by RetireJapan »

quedao wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 2:24 am Hi,

I keep buying mutual funds and ETFs with my Rakuten-shoken account but I wonder if the fees are competitive and I might be better off using a different broker.

As alternatives:
I used Kabu.com in the past, they belong to MUFG the interface and the fees were worse than Rakuten during my limited experience with them.
I applied for Click-securities they belong to GMO Group, I was lazy to complete the process lol but they seemed legit and a japanese person I know to have good trading experience told that they have the best fees.
I believe the big three are roughly similar. SBI used to be cheaper for US-listed shares, but Rakuten and Monex matched their price.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Bitey

Re: Best broker for ETFs or Mutual funds

Post by Bitey »

I use SBI because they're cheap, they offer the Vanguard products that I want to buy, and I snagged the 4,000 yen signup bonus from the campaign they were running through kakaku.com.

Their interface is up to the usual Japanese standard :roll: but I haven't had any problems getting money in or buying stuff. They do fee-free inbound furikomi from some banks, too, including mine (Tokyo-Mitsubishi).

I've heard that their phone support is rude and unhelpful but since my plan is to do very basic "put money in, buy ETFs", I don't have any problems using just the web interface.