nisa and ideco - same fund - good/bad idea?

coffeespoon
Regular

nisa and ideco - same fund - good/bad idea?

Post by coffeespoon »

Hi Everyone,

Here is a newbie, Ideco/Nisa question...

I already do tsumitate-nisa through au-kabu.com and have e-maxis slim 全世界株式オールカントリー. I am now interested in ideco, but do you think it is a good idea to have this same fund as ideco (if I already have the fund for tsumitate-nisa?)? (But au-kabu.com seems not to offer this as an Ideco fund, so I guess I need to get it elsewhere, like at MONEX.) I have seen this fund recommended on both forum groups (Ideco and Nisa). Or is it better to diversify? (And if so, what would you recommend? I want something easy to manage, and I am in my early 40's).

Thanks for reading!
EmaxisSlim Cultist
Veteran

Re: nisa and ideco - same fund - good/bad idea?

Post by EmaxisSlim Cultist »

coffeespoon wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:13 am Hi Everyone,

Here is a newbie, Ideco/Nisa question...

I already do tsumitate-nisa through au-kabu.com and have e-maxis slim 全世界株式オールカントリー. I am now interested in ideco, but do you think it is a good idea to have this same fund as ideco (if I already have the fund for tsumitate-nisa?)? (But au-kabu.com seems not to offer this as an Ideco fund, so I guess I need to get it elsewhere, like at MONEX.) I have seen this fund recommended on both forum groups (Ideco and Nisa). Or is it better to diversify? (And if so, what would you recommend? I want something easy to manage, and I am in my early 40's).

Thanks for reading!
There is no reason to change it up. That fund is considered the "best" costwise.

Arguments can be made for choosing the FTSE All Cap Rakuten fund, as it is more diverse, includes small caps, and is linked to Vanguard VT.

https://retirewiki.jp/wiki/Japanese_global_index_funds

Anecdotally-> My taxable and t-Nisa is in Emaxis All Country. My iDeco is Rakuten Whole World Index.
coffeespoon
Regular

Re: nisa and ideco - same fund - good/bad idea?

Post by coffeespoon »

Hi EmaxisSlim Cultist,

Thanks so much for your response! I didn't realize until today that you had written this!

Your advice is helpful and appreciated.

Coffeespoon