Tradestation + Monex vs. SBI - opinions sought!

gulogulo

Re: Tradestation + Monex vs. SBI - opinions sought!

Post by gulogulo »

EmaxisSlim Cultist wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:34 am Are you signed up for the app? Which is also in English?

I believe going through that signup process will get you a Tradestation login. It's all the same company.

There is a guide on the website for the app, if you cannot find it I'll dig into my files. Let me know.
As mentioned a couple of posts back, above the monex login id and password don't work. I tried them on clientcenter.tradestation.com, but no dice.

I am not signed up for the app, as I am strictly desktop/web-based. Am I out of luck if i want to access the English version?
EmaxisSlim Cultist
Veteran

Post by EmaxisSlim Cultist »

gulogulo wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:28 am
EmaxisSlim Cultist wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:34 am Are you signed up for the app? Which is also in English?

I believe going through that signup process will get you a Tradestation login. It's all the same company.

There is a guide on the website for the app, if you cannot find it I'll dig into my files. Let me know.
As mentioned a couple of posts back, above the monex login id and password don't work. I tried them on clientcenter.tradestation.com, but no dice.

I am not signed up for the app, as I am strictly desktop/web-based. Am I out of luck if i want to access the English version?
No. Signup for the app. Then you will get an actual Tradewise login and Bob's your uncle.

There is no cost. Why not?

The website access in English is a bonus and not directly supported by Monex it seems.
mighty58
Veteran

Post by mighty58 »

So it took a while, but I finally figured out how to this, here's a step-by-step for those confused like I was (this is for PC access, I'm not on the app):

[PREREQUISITE] you've got a Monex account, and have separately signed up for permission to trade US stocks within that account
  1. Login, click on "米国株・中国株" from the (second) horizontal navigation bar across the top
  2. Click on the green button next to the US flag that says "米国株取引"
  3. On the next screen, there's a small blue horizontal navigation bar at the top. Click "スマホアプリ初期設定" (don't worry if you don't intend to do your smartphone app setup, just click)
  4. On the next screen, you will find your info. Under the "ログインID" section, take note of the "ユーザーID" and "現在のパスワード". If it just says "現在のパスワード" in the "現在のパスワード" box, that means your password is the same as the one you use to login to Monex.
    (note that the ユーザーID here is different from both your Monex account number and also the "ログインID" that is listed under in the "取引口座情報(取引パスワード等)" page, link to that is just under the US flag)
  5. Go to Tradestation.com, click the "Log In" button at the top right, click "Web Trading Live" on the pop-up
  6. Enter your ユーザーID and password from step 4 above
  7. Voila, you should be in, looking at an English-language screen, and your stock holdings in your Monex account should be shown
gulogulo

Post by gulogulo »

bless you, thank you for the exhaustive reply & have a happy new year!
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

mighty58 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:49 pm So it took a while, but I finally figured out how to this, here's a step-by-step for those confused like I was (this is for PC access, I'm not on the app):

[PREREQUISITE] you've got a Monex account, and have separately signed up for permission to trade US stocks within that account
  1. Login, click on "米国株・中国株" from the (second) horizontal navigation bar across the top
  2. Click on the green button next to the US flag that says "米国株取引"
  3. On the next screen, there's a small blue horizontal navigation bar at the top. Click "スマホアプリ初期設定" (don't worry if you don't intend to do your smartphone app setup, just click)
  4. On the next screen, you will find your info. Under the "ログインID" section, take note of the "ユーザーID" and "現在のパスワード". If it just says "現在のパスワード" in the "現在のパスワード" box, that means your password is the same as the one you use to login to Monex.
    (note that the ユーザーID here is different from both your Monex account number and also the "ログインID" that is listed under in the "取引口座情報(取引パスワード等)" page, link to that is just under the US flag)
  5. Go to Tradestation.com, click the "Log In" button at the top right, click "Web Trading Live" on the pop-up
  6. Enter your ユーザーID and password from step 4 above
  7. Voila, you should be in, looking at an English-language screen, and your stock holdings in your Monex account should be shown
Thanks for this. Very useful.
If you purchase US stocks with Monex, is the only way to see their value via TradeStation? They don't seem to show up on the summary of holdings on the main Monex interface.
Same with any dividends that are earned. I assume these just go in the $ balance which can only be accessed on TradeStation. Is that correct?
(the process seems much simpler/smoother with Rakuten than Monex, to be honest)
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
fools_gold
Veteran

Post by fools_gold »

beanhead wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:41 am Thanks for this. Very useful.
If you purchase US stocks with Monex, is the only way to see their value via TradeStation? They don't seem to show up on the summary of holdings on the main Monex interface.
Same with any dividends that are earned. I assume these just go in the $ balance which can only be accessed on TradeStation. Is that correct?
(the process seems much simpler/smoother with Rakuten than Monex, to be honest)
Choose 「保有残高・口座管理」 from the main menu and then click on 「外国株残高」 from the menu about 1/3 of the way down the screen. I think the information is updated at the end of day rather than in real time.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

fools_gold wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:44 am
Choose 「保有残高・口座管理」 from the main menu and then click on 「外国株残高」 from the menu about 1/3 of the way down the screen. I think the information is updated at the end of day rather than in real time.
Aha. It's under that tab. Great. Thanks a lot.
Yeah, once a day is plenty. I looked at TradeStation and it was way too busy for me. Real-time movements. That is not good for the nerves !
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.