Rakuten Points for Pension Payments

Jura
Regular

Rakuten Points for Pension Payments

Post by Jura »

I have been paying nenkin payments for my self-employed Japanese spouse and I at the convenience store each month using the paper bills that come in the post.

I just received a letter for the next tax year saying I can pay by card. This will be much more convenient than visiting the post office to pay. If I pay using my Rakuten credit card, will I be able to get Rakuten points? Has anyone done this?
Haystack
Veteran

Re: Rakuten Points for Pension Payments

Post by Haystack »

Jura wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:25 am I have been paying nenkin payments for my self-employed Japanese spouse and I at the convenience store each month using the paper bills that come in the post.

I just received a letter for the next tax year saying I can pay by card. This will be much more convenient than visiting the post office to pay. If I pay using my Rakuten credit card, will I be able to get Rakuten points? Has anyone done this?
I believe there is a fee associated with this, isn`t there?

You can also pay these in advance for the year and save 2% fyi.
TBS

Post by TBS »

You can pay by Rakuten Card but the point rate is lower - it is only 1 point per 500 yen spend:
https://www.rakuten-card.co.jp/point/pointrate/
Wales4rugbyWC23
Veteran

Post by Wales4rugbyWC23 »

You have been able to pay the Japanese state pension for a while by credit card. Unlike taxes or health insurance they don't charge you a 1% commission fee.