Can I find a pension payments history online?

RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Can I find a pension payments history online?

Post by RetireJapan »

KCLenny wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:46 am No luck. It has yearly payment info but I can’t see anything for a monthly breakdown except whether I have to pay for that month or not, not how much I have paid.
Which is annoying cause I did pay about 2 weeks ago for my July bill. I’ve obviously got the only payment evidence for when I can eventually get to the pension office. But still. Thought there’d be a bit on the nenkin net showing me the payment by now.
(Unless I’m still in the wrong place but I really can’t see it).
There is a good chance it might not show up as quickly as two weeks later.

For reference, on mine the most recent month I can see is April 2021 :roll:
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
KCLenny
Veteran

Post by KCLenny »

RetireJapan wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:33 pm
KCLenny wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:46 am No luck. It has yearly payment info but I can’t see anything for a monthly breakdown except whether I have to pay for that month or not, not how much I have paid.
Which is annoying cause I did pay about 2 weeks ago for my July bill. I’ve obviously got the only payment evidence for when I can eventually get to the pension office. But still. Thought there’d be a bit on the nenkin net showing me the payment by now.
(Unless I’m still in the wrong place but I really can’t see it).
There is a good chance it might not show up as quickly as two weeks later.

For reference, on mine the most recent month I can see is April 2021 :roll:
That’s at least encouraging to know (that it’s not just me). As always, every takes forever to process here
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

KCLenny wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:55 pm
That’s at least encouraging to know (that it’s not just me). As always, every takes forever to process here
As those who have dealt with HMRC can confirm, most government-related procedures take time. 14 weeks just to check/process an application, for example.
There are a lot of legitimate reasons to criticize Japanese bureaucracy. This 2-week wait does not seem to be one of them.

I just checked my nenkin net record, which is for kosei nenkin. It has me down for 11 months of this financial year, so up to February is recorded. So it seems as though the system for checking automatic payments may be more 'real-time' than the one which tracks manual payments (?).
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
ClearAsMud
Veteran

Post by ClearAsMud »

The Nenkin Net top page will show you the date(s) of the most recent update(s), just below the personal information. The explanation on the far right of the page states that for for kokumin nenkin and kousei nenkin, updates are in principle made once a month. For koumuin kyousai (this presumably includes RJ) and shigaku kyousai, only the information included in your most recent nenkin teikibin is incorporated, meaning that updates occur just once a year. Thus, for kokumin nenkin, you may have to wait for as long as a month for any payments to become available for viewing on the site; for mutual-aid associations, the wait is much longer (the difference is probably due to the imperfect consolidation of the pension systems that was carried out in 2015).
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

ClearAsMud wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:46 am The Nenkin Net top page will show you the date(s) of the most recent update(s), just below the personal information. The explanation on the far right of the page states that for for kokumin nenkin and kousei nenkin, updates are in principle made once a month. For koumuin kyousai (this presumably includes RJ) and shigaku kyousai, only the information included in your most recent nenkin teikibin is incorporated, meaning that updates occur just once a year. Thus, for kokumin nenkin, you may have to wait for as long as a month for any payments to become available for viewing on the site; for mutual-aid associations, the wait is much longer (the difference is probably due to the imperfect consolidation of the pension systems that was carried out in 2015).
Bingo. I was thinking something like this might be the case!

Switching to kokumin nenkin from next month, so looking forward to timely updates from now on ;)
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)