Get your credit score in Japan

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Get your credit score in Japan

Post by Roger Van Zant »

I have some time off and have been meaning to do this for a while now. purely for shits 'n giggles.
Has anyone ever done it?
Does anyone know which website I should visit in order to submit an application (or apply for snail mail forms)?

Thanks.
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
iDeCo (Monex) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
新NISA (SBI) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
Japanese pension (kosei nenkin) ✓
UK pension (Class 2 payer) ✓
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Get your credit score in Japan

Post by RetireJapan »

It works a bit different here (not so much a score so much as a record). Wrote about it here: https://www.retirejapan.com/blog/credit ... apan-jicc/
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Post by Roger Van Zant »

RetireJapan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:00 am It works a bit different here (not so much a score so much as a record). Wrote about it here: https://www.retirejapan.com/blog/credit ... apan-jicc/
Ah, many thanks!
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
iDeCo (Monex) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
新NISA (SBI) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
Japanese pension (kosei nenkin) ✓
UK pension (Class 2 payer) ✓
Gareth
Veteran

Post by Gareth »

Did mine last year based on Ben’s post. It was fast but very underwhelming. Glad I did it though as I stopped thinking about whether it was worth it not. It wasn’t worth it. But worth doing to stop you wondering if it’s worth it or not.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Gareth wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:40 am Did mine last year based on Ben’s post. It was fast but very underwhelming. Glad I did it though as I stopped thinking about whether it was worth it not. It wasn’t worth it. But worth doing to stop you wondering if it’s worth it or not.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Tony
Veteran

Post by Tony »

I got 2 of my credit reports and one of my wife's after we were knocked back for a home loan from rakuten after passing the initial screening. Wanted to see if there was anything strange showing up ... there wasn't.
vapid
Regular

Post by vapid »

Tony wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:24 pm I got 2 of my credit reports and one of my wife's after we were knocked back for a home loan from rakuten after passing the initial screening. Wanted to see if there was anything strange showing up ... there wasn't.
Hi Tony (and hopefully Ben jumps in), I seem to be in a similar situation. For the second time, my wife had been rejected due to 'credit' but we cannot understand why. The first time was in 2016 and now 6 years later she is getting rejected again for a home loan due to some credit issue. She has PR, been seishain the whole time, salary over 8M - the bank official said she meets all the requirements just a credit flag. And of course the bank official cannot see what the flag was since it is processed externally.

We did the JICC statement back in 2016 and the only item was some possible Softbank agreement from 2012 that had been closed. After numerous calls the feedback from Softbank was they didn't have any issues for her old account, so it must be an error.

So we are a bit frustrated. Is there any service/lawyer to hire, request all 3 credit agency reports and then investigate more thoroughly what is going on? The bank said if we can address the credit issue then they can restart the application again.

Thanks for any feedback and if anyone needs more details to provide an insight, please ask away.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

First (inexpensive) step might be to get a copy of all three reports and see what they say?

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
vapid
Regular

Post by vapid »

RetireJapan wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:42 am First (inexpensive) step might be to get a copy of all three reports and see what they say?
I remember from your blog post, one of the comments says the CIC and JICC pull from the same database? Any idea if that is still correct? I still think we should get all 3 as you suggest for comparison.
Tony
Veteran

Post by Tony »

Honestly, I don't know what recourse you have as our credit reports came up fine, and it was just that rakuten didn't want to lend to me is my guess, so we never had to pursue anything.