Please help - JP Internet Banking?

This is a safe space to ask any questions, no matter how basic.
OkiBum
Veteran

Please help - JP Internet Banking?

Post by OkiBum »

Hey Folks,

So I want to deposit money into my Rakuten Nisa account, and since its linked to my JP Post bank account I need to transfer funds through there. However, I found out that I need internet banking in order to be able to do this.

Can anyone tell me how I can apply for Internet Banking through JP.

It's quite frustrating to have these hurdles come up and then having to wait for these procedures to take place in their own sweet time.

Thanks in advance!
AndyN

Re: Please help - JP Internet Banking?

Post by AndyN »

you can apply the Yuucho Direct online from this page:
https://www.jp-bank.japanpost.jp/direct ... index.html
OkiBum
Veteran

Post by OkiBum »

Thanks a ton! Apparently I need to wait for 3 working days.... :(
Jamo
Regular

Post by Jamo »

Investing is a long-term thing. That's one of the things I have learnt over the last few years. A few days won't hurt - take the time to do some more research :)
soundofsilver
Regular

Post by soundofsilver »

Just a quick heads up about Yucho Direct: when registering your e-mail address for the account I would advise using an old-school phone e-mail address (e.g. name@docomo.ne.jp) if at all possible. I used Gmail and later forgot one of the seventeen or so passwords I was given which meant extra tedium when trying to fix things. Basically, because I used a お勧めしないアドレス (i.e. not a mobile phone e-mail) I was unable to reset my password without going to a post office and filling in a form. It then took 1-2 weeks for me to get a piece of paper notifying me my password had been reset. When I asked why I was allowed to even use a "non-recommended" address in the first place I was of course met with politeness, apologies, but no answers to speak of.
OkiBum
Veteran

Post by OkiBum »

soundofsilver wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:52 am Just a quick heads up about Yucho Direct: when registering your e-mail address for the account I would advise using an old-school phone e-mail address (e.g. name@docomo.ne.jp) if at all possible. I used Gmail and later forgot one of the seventeen or so passwords I was given which meant extra tedium when trying to fix things. Basically, because I used a お勧めしないアドレス (i.e. not a mobile phone e-mail) I was unable to reset my password without going to a post office and filling in a form. It then took 1-2 weeks for me to get a piece of paper notifying me my password had been reset. When I asked why I was allowed to even use a "non-recommended" address in the first place I was of course met with politeness, apologies, but no answers to speak of.
Unfortunately, I also registered with my gmail address as I can't be bothered to have another mobile phone email address. Just got to make sure I do not forget my password LOL