mobile payments- paypay??

This forum is to discuss anything to do with banks and banking services.
Tony
Veteran

Re: mobile payments- paypay??

Post by Tony »

zeroshiki wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:27 pm What's annoying is that I use Rakuten as my main card and it doesn't support either iD or Quikpay but Rakuten Edy and its not like iD where it automatically charges the card but you have to load it with money so its quite inconvenient. So I just link iD on my secondary card and I lose out on Rakuten points that way.
I have both a Rakuten visa and Rakuten mastercard, and they both support quikpay/apple pay ...
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

Yep, Rakuten Card works with QuicPay.
bryanc
Veteran

Post by bryanc »

thanks all! do any of these work overseas?
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

Tony wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:01 pm
zeroshiki wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:27 pm What's annoying is that I use Rakuten as my main card and it doesn't support either iD or Quikpay but Rakuten Edy and its not like iD where it automatically charges the card but you have to load it with money so its quite inconvenient. So I just link iD on my secondary card and I lose out on Rakuten points that way.
I have both a Rakuten visa and Rakuten mastercard, and they both support quikpay/apple pay ...
Huh, I didn't know that. Maybe that's old info for me. But I distinctly remember seeing an error screen when I tried it 4 years ago.
bryanc wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:44 pm thanks all! do any of these work overseas?
No. Maybe Paypay has some funky thing because its an extension of an Indian QR code payment service but I've never seen an e-cash solution be applicable overseas.
Bushiman
Veteran

Post by Bushiman »

zeroshiki wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:47 am
Tony wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:01 pm
Huh, I didn't know that. Maybe that's old info for me. But I distinctly remember seeing an error screen when I tried it 4 years ago.
After reading adamu's post just now, I decided to add my Rakuten VISA and it processed no problem for QUICPay via GooglePay...
iDeCo -> Established
新NISA -> Established
Jr NISA -> Established (Running quietly in the background)
UK Pension Voluntary Contributions -> Up and running
All thanks to RetireJapan...
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

Yeah I added my Rakuten Mastercard too and it went through. I wonder when they started offering it. Now I can stop using iD on my dCard.
Tony
Veteran

Post by Tony »

zeroshiki wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:57 am Yeah I added my Rakuten Mastercard too and it went through. I wonder when they started offering it. Now I can stop using iD on my dCard.
I can't say anything about their mastercard, as I only recently got it for some free points, but I've been using quikpay with my rakuten visa card for as long as the iphone has supported quikpay.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

As far as I understand, QuicPay is actually JCB, so Mastercard/Visa is irrelevant - I think it's an agreement between the card company and QuicPay. Could be wrong though.