One-time increase in contrib. amt. to Tsumitate NISA in Rakuten

goran
Veteran

Re: One-time increase in contrib. amt. to Tsumitate NISA in Rakuten

Post by goran »

MBK wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:28 am Hm, right, that`s what I thought so.

I have started in June with 33,333 JPY per month, so I shall still have a leftovr of 166,669 JPY. It even states so on the NISA page on Rakuten.

However, when I tried to set up a bonus payment for 80,000 JPY for a month of July, the system mentioned that a yearly allowance would be exceeded.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong here?
I have only used regular NISA, so I am just assuming without any personal experience of T-NISA here.

But could it be that you changed the monthly tsumitate amount mistakenly instead of the bonus payment.
(that would make it 80,000 x 6 months from July = 480,000)
So, it said yearly allowance exceeded.
MBK
Regular

Post by MBK »

gnakarmi wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:05 am
MBK wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:28 am Hm, right, that`s what I thought so.

I have started in June with 33,333 JPY per month, so I shall still have a leftovr of 166,669 JPY. It even states so on the NISA page on Rakuten.

However, when I tried to set up a bonus payment for 80,000 JPY for a month of July, the system mentioned that a yearly allowance would be exceeded.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong here?
I have only used regular NISA, so I am just assuming without any personal experience of T-NISA here.

But could it be that you changed the monthly tsumitate amount mistakenly instead of the bonus payment.
(that would make it 80,000 x 6 months from July = 480,000)
So, it said yearly allowance exceeded.
Thanks for the help, but unfortunately, thats not it. I put the amount in the bonus section and as per the screen above, though got the error of exceeded amount.
Haystack
Veteran

Post by Haystack »

MBK wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:02 am I have tried to set up the bonus payment, though the system did not allow me to claiming I would have exceeded yearly contribution.

Is Tsumitate Nisa yearly allowance counted from Jan to Dec or is it counted as one year from the month started (in my case I started in June, so it would be June to May)?
You need to take the remain portion x and divided by the number of months y.

You then need to make sure this is a whole number. You may need to sacrifice a few yen to do this.

Also if you're using a credit card the limit is 5 man fyi