Nosh (healthy frozen meal delivery)

One hand washes the other, right?
Haystack
Veteran

Re: Nosh (healthy frozen meal delivery)

Post by Haystack »

adamu wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:03 am
captainspoke wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:35 pm
adamu wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:54 pm For me it didn't work out to be so healthy after all. I check my cholesterol levels regularly, and readings went from borderline high when eating nosh every day to very good when replacing nosh with home cooked pasta (with fish, no meat) and occasional sushi dinners....
It's google-able, there's at least a tentative link between high carb consumption and elevated cholesterol. I think the carbs have to be processed (at least not complex), and maybe also with a simultaneous low fat tactic.
The book Fat Chance goes into it in detail. However, in my own experience processed carbs do not seem to have much effect, but saturated and trans fats do. So no cheese or ice cream for me, but bread (not shokupan) and pasta are fine.

In general, nothing beats simple home cooked whole foods.
Indeed. But I have a toddler and I focus mostly on the picky little guys food. Sometimes I am left with Uber Eats/Konbini. This is a good alternative for some busy nights (for me, not him).

I have also gone from gained 4 kg.

I have to buy 34 inch inseam pants, and I cannot get them in Japan easily. So, if I do not keep my waste size at 32" or below, suddenly I have a huge problem! The portion control/calorie counting makes it easy to lose weight. I`ll be there by August.

Adam, as you no longer use it, would you mind? ~> https://nosh.jp/share/friend-202103/tDNMd
Viralriver
Veteran

Re: Nosh (healthy frozen meal delivery)

Post by Viralriver »

Haystack wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 5:51 am
Indeed. But I have a toddler and I focus mostly on the picky little guys food. Sometimes I am left with Uber Eats/Konbini. This is a good alternative for some busy nights (for me, not him).

I have also gone from gained 4 kg.

I have to buy 34 inch inseam pants, and I cannot get them in Japan easily. So, if I do not keep my waste size at 32" or below, suddenly I have a huge problem! The portion control/calorie counting makes it easy to lose weight. I`ll be there by August.

Adam, as you no longer use it, would you mind? ~> https://nosh.jp/share/friend-202103/tDNMd
Just to check I'm understanding - you put on 4 kg or lost it using Nosh? I'm trying to lose weight, and I don't always have time to cook. I skip breakfast and just have 400kcal of Huel for lunch, so a prepared meal for dinner would be nice, but also trying to reduce my waist size!