Employer pension scheme

Deep Blue
Veteran

Re: Employer pension scheme

Post by Deep Blue »

Thanks guys. I didn't see any official documents on the kosei nenkin scheme yet (only found about it today) but you mention your wife will get a payout too? My wife doesn't work but does still keep up the contributions to her kokumin nenkin scheme. Is is a common feature of kosei nenkin schemes to pay out something to spouses too? Or I am mis-understanding that?
Beaglehound
Veteran

Post by Beaglehound »

Deep Blue wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:42 pm Thanks guys. I didn't see any official documents on the kosei nenkin scheme yet (only found about it today) but you mention your wife will get a payout too? My wife doesn't work but does still keep up the contributions to her kokumin nenkin scheme. Is is a common feature of kosei nenkin schemes to pay out something to spouses too? Or I am mis-understanding that?
She will be covered as your dependent for both pension contributions (at kokumin nenkin levels) and health insurance. Which will be a big money saver for you as a couple. Make sure you tell the company she doesn’t work.
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

Currently she is covered on my NHI contributions - they are raucously expensive at almost 100,000 a month. I hoped I would pay less when joining the company scheme but looking at the figures its about the same level of contribution as I pay now.

Will be good to save her 16,000 a month kokumin nenkin contributions though I guess.

Really poor effort from our HR department utterly failing to communicate any of this......
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

Deep Blue wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:25 pm Currently she is covered on my NHI contributions - they are raucously expensive at almost 100,000 a month. I hoped I would pay less when joining the company scheme but looking at the figures its about the same level of contribution as I pay now.

Will be good to save her 16,000 a month kokumin nenkin contributions though I guess.

Really poor effort from our HR department utterly failing to communicate any of this......
Info here is detailed:

https://retirewiki.jp/wiki/Japanese_pen ... n:_summary
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

Thank you - I see that her kokumin nenkin contributions will be covered by my kosei nenkin scheme.