Rakuten Cash/楽天キャッシュ

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Haystack
Veteran

Re: Rakuten Cash/楽天キャッシュ

Post by Haystack »

TBS wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:27 am For anyone considering this, I'd recommend inputting the new tsumitate order in July rather than this month.

If you do it this month the auto charge/minimum floor means you will pay for the funds bought at the start of August via the end of July's credit card bill payment. If you signup in July (before 12th July), you'll pay at the end of August's credit card bill payment.

Or at least that's what I'll be doing :P
I've not tried to input anything yet, maybe if there is a way to avoid the auto charge minimum floor and charge manually in July, this is a non-issue :lol:
It's worth waiting till August/September too if you're already using the standard CC method, as there is still 1 - 2 more months of the old 1% system. (unless you planned to go from 5 man->10 man).

Overall I've made at least 1万 in points with the old system, so the reduction seems kinda inevitable.
TBS

Post by TBS »

Is signing up for the auto charge/minimum floor a requirement during placing the order? The auto-charge feature is on the Rakuten Pay side, right? So is it possible to cancel it afterwards on the Pay side, whilst still keeping the Tsumitate order activate on the Securities side? Then we'd just need to remember to charge Pay on the 12th of each month manually, and not have to store 50k in Rakuten Pay at all times?
Haystack
Veteran

Post by Haystack »

TBS wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:54 am Is signing up for the auto charge/minimum floor a requirement during placing the order? The auto-charge feature is on the Rakuten Pay side, right? So is it possible to cancel it afterwards on the Pay side, whilst still keeping the Tsumitate order activate on the Securities side? Then we'd just need to remember to charge Pay on the 12th of each month manually, and not have to store 50k in Rakuten Pay at all times?
When I set-up that test 1000 yen, it automatically charged Rakuten Cash with 1000 yen. I didn't see another option, but I haven't looked through the cash app.

I assume the entire system was created to increase the capital flow into the Cash app. Perhaps there is an accounting reason for this?
TBS

Post by TBS »

Haystack wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:32 am ...
Thanks. Looking through the Press Release and the Pay app, it looks like the auto-charge and Securities and entwined, so cancelling and manual charging may not be possible. Will have another look next month when I put an order in.
goran
Veteran

Post by goran »

So I bit the bullet

Attachments
RakutenCash.jpg
Viralriver
Veteran

Post by Viralriver »

I did the same. I'm getting a little confused with all the offerings and changings on Rakuten's side. I now have the following set up:

50k tsumitate into my normal NISA via my Rakuten Credit card.
10k tsumitate into my normal NISA via Rakuten Cash with 10k keep set on.
Moneybridge setup with my Rakuten bank account
Rakuten Point Course turned on

So if I understand correctly, my benefits are as follows:

1. 0.5% points back for my 10k investment (50 JPY) - indefinite for now
2. 1% points back for my 50k investment for this month and next (500 JPY each month)
3. 0.2% points back for my 50k investment for September onwards (100 JPY each month)
4. 0.5 SPU increase every month since I have at least 30k being invested into 投資

Anything I've missed, or misunderstood?
TBS

Post by TBS »

Viralriver wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:56 am So if I understand correctly, my benefits are as follows:

1. 0.5% points back for my 10k investment (50 JPY) - indefinite for now
2. 1% points back for my 50k investment for this month and next (500 JPY each month)
3. 0.2% points back for my 50k investment for September onwards (100 JPY each month)
4. 0.5 SPU increase every month since I have at least 30k being invested into 投資

Anything I've missed, or misunderstood?
Looks good. For point 1, you actually get 1% back for the duration of this year - 0.5% back from Rakuten Card for the Cash charge, 0.5% bonus from Rakuten Securities as a promo.

For point 4, you need to pay the 30k+ with at least 1 Rakuten point to get the 0.5 SPU.

TBS wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:54 am Is signing up for the auto charge/minimum floor a requirement during placing the order? The auto-charge feature is on the Rakuten Pay side, right? So is it possible to cancel it afterwards on the Pay side, whilst still keeping the Tsumitate order activate on the Securities side? Then we'd just need to remember to charge Pay on the 12th of each month manually, and not have to store 50k in Rakuten Pay at all times?
So I gave this a go and managed to set up the Cash Tsumitate order without activating the auto-charge feature - simply closed the pop-up window for setting up the auto-charge feature, then finished the Tsumitate order on Securities.

Everything looks to be set up fine on the Securities side. There's a warning saying if there is not enough Cash balance, the monthly order may not go through, but otherwise all looks normal. I charged manually and will check they take the money from Cash next week and that they buy the units next month. If it all works, I imagine it will be fine for others to cancel their auto-charge and charge manually each month if they so wish.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

I did exactly what they wanted and set it up to keep ¥60,000, since I figured if I'm charging Cash anyway, I might as well get the 0.5% charge bonus for Rakuten Pay too. Apparently it charges in blocks of ¥1000 yen if you go below the limit, I'll be interested to see how it works out. The first charge went through at exactly midday. I'm guessing it'll charge at midday the day after they take out the ¥50k too.

As an aside, I also noticed Rakuten Pay is less flexible with points when you set it to use Cash instead of Card for purchases.
With card, you can select if you want to prioritise points, and if so how many. This is a nice way to use up exactly your time limited points, without consuming regular ones.
But with cash, you can only select "use points", not how many, meaning you're likely to run over into regular points too.
So for using time limited points in Rakuten Pay, it would be best to set it to card first, and then specify the point limit. But then any remainder will get charged to the card, rather than use your already charged cash balance... :roll:

Yet more headspace dedicated to the Rakuten game... 🤤
goran
Veteran

Post by goran »

gnakarmi wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:03 am So I bit the bullet

So, I used to use a family Rakuten card, with my wife as the primary card holder. She just got an invite to go for Premium card.
And now I have to undo the Rakuten Cash thing, and re-do it when my shiny new Premium card comes in. May be in a month or two.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

adamu wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:53 pm Yet more headspace dedicated to the Rakuten game... 🤤
Hah, they tricked me into getting a Rakuten credit card.

Not getting tricked again :mrgreen:
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)