Paying half Hoken or full Hoken

RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Paying half Hoken or full Hoken

Post by RetireJapan »

Oliver wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:37 am I really liked the idea of getting a clear idea of where I am financially with my retirement, so I looked into this ID card reader. Although it doesn’t look very expensive on Amazon I wasn’t sure if I was computer savvy enough to make it work.
I was at the Aoi (blue Tax form) reporting office yesterday to start my new tax year and the agent told me that getting a new computer for work was tax deductible. I been working with her for 7 years now, and I understand a gentle hint that I need to upgrade my computer.
Anyway, I asked my friends if they had an ic reader. Nobody did. This morning I looked for my Nenkin book, unfortunately it was blank. There is no information on it besides when I started the program.
Since I started the Nenkin program 2021 March 29th and I have been pardoned since the start of it. Is there anyone in the RJ that can do the math for me?
Question:
If I get pardoned or pay half price for 120 months how much would I get in pension VS if I were to pay fully for 120 months.
Question:
My very important person in my life who I am responsible for supporting questions my judgment. She thinks we would be better off investing the money into NISA since we are both pardoned.
Who is correct?
Or am I missing an account important part of the calculating process?
You don't need an IC card reader to sign up for Nenkin Net. Just go to the site: https://www.nenkin.go.jp/ , register for an account, and you'll get access to your data.

You can easily calculate it yourself. Full kokumin nenkin is currently 65,075 yen a month. That is after paying in full for 480 months. If you pay in less, divide by 480 and multiply by the number of months you paid/will pay. For half eligibility, divide by half.

Nenkin and NISA investments are not the same thing: https://www.retirejapan.com/blog/pensio ... vestments/
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Oliver
Regular

Post by Oliver »

Thank you, that was helpful math equation.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

northSaver wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:53 am On a side note, I didn't pay any nenkin at all for my first 15 years in Japan. I don't recall anyone asking me for it (or maybe they did once, at the start, but not after that)
Sounds familiar. A company I worked for was acquired by a larger organization and that was when this anomaly was discovered. They told me that I had no choice but to join. Praise to their rules and regulations!
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.