Paying iDeCo Yearly/biannually

RetireJapan
Site Admin

Paying iDeCo Yearly/biannually

Post by RetireJapan »

Got an email from HR today saying they are not planning to support the new annual or month-specific payments within the salary deduction system. I guess you can set them up in your iDeCo account now?

http://diamond.jp/articles/-/154533

Unfortunately the annual limits do not seem to have been increased this time -which would be much more interesting ;)
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Re: Paying iDeCo Yearly/biannually

Post by RetireJapan »

Seems to be mainly a way of 'topping up' an account with the unused allowance -ie you are not allowed to front-load it by paying everything in January (the only slightly interesting option, in my opinion) but instead can overpay any unused allowance (so pay nothing Jan-May, for example, then pay 6 months' worth in June) later.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Ditto
Regular

Re: Paying iDeCo Yearly/biannually

Post by Ditto »

RetireJapan wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:52 pm Seems to be mainly a way of 'topping up' an account with the unused allowance -ie you are not allowed to front-load it by paying everything in January (the only slightly interesting option, in my opinion) but instead can overpay any unused allowance (so pay nothing Jan-May, for example, then pay 6 months' worth in June) later.
Seems you have covered the topic already. Missed reading this post.