US/JP Tax Consultant?

PaulP

US/JP Tax Consultant?

Post by PaulP »

Hi,

I have a fairly small sized design consulting business in Tokyo, where I reside, that is wholly-owned by a single-member (me) US LLC. Its been a good setup for the first five years of the business, but now I am a tax resident I am not sure that my US accountant and my JP accountant really are thinking strategically about my taxes. I am looking for a Tokyo-based tax/accounting firm or individual that can help align my tax calendar and/or possibly assume the roles of one or both of my existing vendors.

Sorry if this is a bit out of the retirement topic but it is my current plan to stay in Japan and streamlining these obligations is certainly essential to fulfilling that vision.

Recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks

-p
Tkydon
Sage

Re: US/JP Tax Consultant?

Post by Tkydon »

:
:
This Guide to Japanese Taxes, English and Japanese Tai-Yaku 対訳, is now a little dated:

https://zaik.jp/books/472-4

The Publisher is not planning to publish an update for '23 Tax Season.
PaulP

Post by PaulP »

Thank you. I have found a few similar lists, but this one has a few different firms.

That book looks good, wish I could read it. Impressive amount of knowledge on this board. Someone should write a book in English.
Tkydon
Sage

Post by Tkydon »

PaulP wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:15 am Thank you. I have found a few similar lists, but this one has a few different firms.

That book looks good, wish I could read it. Impressive amount of knowledge on this board. Someone should write a book in English.
Every Page of this book is English on the Left and Japanese on the Right. What the Japanese call Tai-Yaku-Bon 対訳本.
:
:
This Guide to Japanese Taxes, English and Japanese Tai-Yaku 対訳, is now a little dated:

https://zaik.jp/books/472-4

The Publisher is not planning to publish an update for '23 Tax Season.
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

PaulP wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:26 am Hi,

I have a fairly small sized design consulting business in Tokyo, where I reside, that is wholly-owned by a single-member (me) US LLC. ...
Not a tax expert, but from what I've read, an LLC is disadvantageous when working in japan, filing taxes here, and so on.

Pick a few threads from here (ignore anything with IB LLC or Interactive Brokers LLC), and post there if you want--there are some pretty sharp people there. Like if a user by the name of starkimpossibility posts something, it will almost certainly be accurate and valuable.

Good luck.