Trouble Opening a Rakuten Bank account

This forum is to discuss anything to do with banks and banking services.
tokyolights

Re: Trouble Opening a Rakuten Bank account

Post by tokyolights »

I applied to Rakuten Bank a month ago and got rejected quite quickly too. I truly wonder what could possibly be the reason. I will wait until I have my renewed zairyu card and try with zairu + mynumber instead of health insurance, as suggested above.

Anyone who got rejected in the past and finally gor through, please share your experience!
TonyKaku

Re: Trouble Opening a Rakuten Bank account

Post by TonyKaku »

After ELEVEN attempts, I have finally managed to open a Rakuten account! I'd suspected it was something to do with having two middle names, but Rakuten only confirmed what the exact problem was on my final attempt. In the past, they offered no explanation on their application rejection letters, but this time, they said my two forms of I.D. needed to match exactly. They also included a helpline number! So even if you applied for a driver's licence with your residence card or juminhyo, if your full name is too long to fit on your licence, they won't consider you to be the same person because the names don't match. The helpline officer suggested I get a juminhyo and send it with a copy of my residence card by post (as you cannot upload a photo of your juminhyo via the app). Ironically, the official form he sent for me to attach them to also cut off part of my name. I half expected the person checking the names to reject me again because of this, but I guess not.