Going over limit (Regular NISA, Rakuten)

beanhead
Sage

Going over limit (Regular NISA, Rakuten)

Post by beanhead »

I do DCA for my regular NISA using Rakuten. I use the tsumitate function and their credit card.
What happens to that tsumitate 50,000 once there is no space in the regular NISA?
I have redirected it to invest in the tokutei but because of the timing it will try to add to the NISA this month which is now full.

Will Rakuten just cancel the tsumitate investment this month, or automatically buy in tokutei?
My guess is on cancel, but couldn't find an answer on their FAQ or using the search on here (phpBB search :roll: )
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
beanhead
Sage

Re: Going over limit (Regular NISA, Rakuten)

Post by beanhead »

Found out the answer.
Tsumitate gives an error as NISA is full. Doesn't default to tokutei, sadly.
Oh well.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

🪄
https://faq.rakuten-sec.co.jp/10002488 wrote: 投信積立の楽天カードクレジット決済で積立注文がNISA枠超過等で注文エラーとなった場合、どうなりますか?
FAQ10002488

その月の積立は実行されず、スキップされます。積立設定が解除されていなければ、翌月から引き続き積立注文が実行されます。
楽天カードクレジット決済では積立エラーになると同月に再度積立注文を出すことはできません。

【ご注意】
注文がエラーとなった場合でもクレジットカードからの引落しは行われますが、後日返金となります。

●返金までの流れ
返金の流れは以下の通りになります。
エラーとなった注文の代金は、積立指定日と同月の27日(休業日の場合は翌営業日)に、一度楽天カードの支払先として登録している金融機関の預貯金口座から引落されます。

その後、楽天カード(株)のキャンセルに関するルールに則り、下記のように返金処理がおこなわれます。

返金対象金額は、積立指定日の翌月27日(休業日の場合は翌営業日)に、翌月分の楽天カードのショッピング請求金額から差し引かれます。
万が一、返金対象金額が翌月の楽天カードのショッピング請求金額より多い場合、楽天カード(株)は積立指定日から起算して翌々月に、差額をお客様の預貯金口座へ返金します。

実際の返金日など、エラーとなった注文の返金に関する詳細な問い合わせは、楽天カード(株)にお問い合わせください。
Very Rakuten to implement a system that charges your credit card, errors, then refunds, by design for something that is supposed to withdraw every month :)

I recently cancelled a contract with Rakuten Denki. Then they sent me an email saying "your contract has been renewed". I found a FAQ saying "we send an email saying that to all customers in July, but if you cancelled your contract it doesn't apply. Also, the contract dates in the web UI will show the renewed dates, but that does not apply either.". The FAQ is the single source of truth. :lol:
TokyoBoglehead
Veteran

Post by TokyoBoglehead »

adamu wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:46 am 🪄
https://faq.rakuten-sec.co.jp/10002488 wrote: 投信積立の楽天カードクレジット決済で積立注文がNISA枠超過等で注文エラーとなった場合、どうなりますか?
FAQ10002488

その月の積立は実行されず、スキップされます。積立設定が解除されていなければ、翌月から引き続き積立注文が実行されます。
楽天カードクレジット決済では積立エラーになると同月に再度積立注文を出すことはできません。

【ご注意】
注文がエラーとなった場合でもクレジットカードからの引落しは行われますが、後日返金となります。

●返金までの流れ
返金の流れは以下の通りになります。
エラーとなった注文の代金は、積立指定日と同月の27日(休業日の場合は翌営業日)に、一度楽天カードの支払先として登録している金融機関の預貯金口座から引落されます。

その後、楽天カード(株)のキャンセルに関するルールに則り、下記のように返金処理がおこなわれます。

返金対象金額は、積立指定日の翌月27日(休業日の場合は翌営業日)に、翌月分の楽天カードのショッピング請求金額から差し引かれます。
万が一、返金対象金額が翌月の楽天カードのショッピング請求金額より多い場合、楽天カード(株)は積立指定日から起算して翌々月に、差額をお客様の預貯金口座へ返金します。

実際の返金日など、エラーとなった注文の返金に関する詳細な問い合わせは、楽天カード(株)にお問い合わせください。
Very Rakuten to implement a system that charges your credit card, errors, then refunds, by design for something that is supposed to withdraw every month :)

I recently cancelled a contract with Rakuten Denki. Then they sent me an email saying "your contract has been renewed". I found a FAQ saying "we send an email saying that to all customers in July, but if you cancelled your contract it doesn't apply. Also, the contract dates in the web UI will show the renewed dates, but that does not apply either.". The FAQ is the single source of truth. :lol:
Their database is probably an excel sheet... and some poor drone needs to copy and paste 8million addresses and bcc everyone manually.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

adamu wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:46 am
This is exactly what happened.
It refunded the money to my Rakuten Securities account.

So I just made the spot purchase in the tokutei. No real difference between that and what I wanted to happen this time. :D

I can't fathom how Rakuten Card and Securities work in detail, especially regarding points and this use of Rakuten Cash converted from the credit card. Life is too short to try to understand the intricacies!