100th YouTube video Q&A

zeroshiki
Veteran

Re: 100th YouTube video Q&A

Post by zeroshiki »

A shared password manager like LastPass or OnePassword is probably the easiest to set up and pass on. They only need to remember one password and no need for all the James Bond secrecy.
Alternatively Dropbox/GDrive/OneDrive does the same thing if you don't want to use a password manager.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

zeroshiki wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:11 pm Dropbox/GDrive/OneDrive does the same thing if you don't want to use a password manager.
This is a very bad idea because the data is not encrypted in storage. A password manager is fine, because the data is not accessible even by the company (as demonstrated by LastPass' multiple breaches).

Getting quite off topic now, sorry. Maybe better to continue this in the other thread.
TBS

Post by TBS »

Back on topic:

Which aspects of running RetireJapan do you find i) most difficult & ii) most rewarding? Did you envisage from the outset it would achieve the impact it has? What has motivated you most over the past 10 years to keep putting in the effort and growing RetireJapan?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

TBS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:16 pm Back on topic:

Which aspects of running RetireJapan do you find i) most difficult & ii) most rewarding? Did you envisage from the outset it would achieve the impact it has? What has motivated you most over the past 10 years to keep putting in the effort and growing RetireJapan?
That is a great question, thanks 😀

Will have to think about it...
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
Xanday
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Post by Xanday »

I thought about asking about point cards. Not that great of a question or deep as the others but I remembered a video where you talked about one Jal?Marriot? that you used the points to pay for hotel stays or something. So going into some more detail on that would be appreciated!

I also registered a few months ago for the Blue Tax thing and I'm sure I'll come crying around Feb. next year but if you have any advice or could please recommend any resource (book, site...) that would also be very welcomed!
I read some old post I could find in the forum and looks like the tax office recommends using paid software to keep track and fill the annual tax report out instead of just using Excel, so I think will probably do that... even though I think it should be pretty simple cause I'm just invoicing my salary for a company outside Japan.