Housing tax break increase and the upcoming income tax bump

jcc
Veteran

Housing tax break increase and the upcoming income tax bump

Post by jcc »

So, this link from the blog caught my interest: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/ ... oan-users/

I'm wondering if this goes through would it be applied retroactively? Like if one was to buy a home before it at the lower tax rate, would they still be put into this new loan system? Can we be grand-fathered into the old 10 years with 40m cap?

Also the lowering of the cap adds another interesting bump to the calculations. I wonder how much they'd be reducing it...
kizuki
Regular

Re: Housing tax break increase and the upcoming income tax bump

Post by kizuki »

jcc wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:26 am
I'm wondering if this goes through would it be applied retroactively? Like if one was to buy a home before it at the lower tax rate, would they still be put into this new loan system? Can we be grand-fathered into the old 10 years with 40m cap?
Unlikely. Last time around too it did not happen for people who had bought under earlier tax regime.
ricardo
Veteran

Post by ricardo »

What “income tax bump” are you referring to? I’m not aware of any plans to increase income tax.
jcc
Veteran

Post by jcc »

ricardo wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:07 am What “income tax bump” are you referring to? I’m not aware of any plans to increase income tax.
Oops, I meant the consumption tax bump, not the income tax