Furusato nozei changes from October

Wilbur
Regular

Re: Furusato nozei changes from October

Post by Wilbur »

TJKansai wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:11 am
Wilbur wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:32 pm Grapes are in season right now. I highly recommend grapes but I am biased because I am the farmer who grows them. :D If you search "カナダ人農園主" on your furosato site you might see my grapes. We are currently selling them on 3 of the furosatonozei sites.
Found yours, but my wife already ordered from another grower. Maybe next year ;)
No problem, thanks for considering though. :D
Deep Blue wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:20 am Just ordered 3kg of your grapes, looking forward to some more Shine Muscat!
Thank you and I hope you enjoy the our Shine Muscat. :D
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

Just been enjoying some of this Shine Muscat with wine, etc tonight- I can highly recommend this splendid produce!
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

I didn't think there were any grapes to beat Shine Muscat, but this year we discovered Pione grapes and I am hooked. I confess we have consumed several kilo's of each already and it is hard to pick a winner. Shine Muscat are sweet and delicious and pione grapes feel like eating red wine to me....

First batch of furusato nozei mikans arrived today too :)
Wilbur
Regular

Post by Wilbur »

sutebayashi wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:36 pm Just been enjoying some of this Shine Muscat with wine, etc tonight- I can highly recommend this splendid produce!
Wine and Shine Muscat sounds like a great combo!
Deep Blue wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:01 pm I didn't think there were any grapes to beat Shine Muscat, but this year we discovered Pione grapes and I am hooked. I confess we have consumed several kilo's of each already and it is hard to pick a winner. Shine Muscat are sweet and delicious and pione grapes feel like eating red wine to me....

First batch of furusato nozei mikans arrived today too :)
It is funny that you mention Pione, I liked them so much I quit my old life, moved to Japan and started to grow them for a living .:D

If you like Pione, I highly recommend you try Aki Queen or Queen Nina, both are red grapes. These two varieties taste like red candy and are very popular.

For varieties more similar to Shine Muscat. I recommend Queen Seven and Yuho. Queen Seven is my most popular grape. You can eat the skin and is sweeter than Shine Muscat and has softer skin. If you have children or grandchildren they will eat all of them before you can get your hands on them, so be aware of this before serving. Yuho is also very popular. It has eatable skin which is soft, not as sweet as Shine but it makes it up with it golf ball size berries and huge bunch size.

Do you have any recommendations for mikan varieties? I like Haruhime, Setoka and the yellow citrus fruit Haruka.
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

Our neighbours gave us some Aki Queen, very nice, a bit squishy but nice taste. I will keep my eyes open for Queen Seven grapes....

For citrus fruits, well that is a whole other ballgame! I don't know what the small mikans we are eating are but my wife says they're also being sold in Seijo Ishii as one-bite mikans. I remember Uwa Gold as one citrus fruit I really like, but the names of most I can't recall. The variety is simply incredible.