documentary on fees.

This is a safe space to ask any questions, no matter how basic.
Bubblegun
Veteran

documentary on fees.

Post by Bubblegun »

I'm sure some of us have watched this, but I think this documentary shows the financial institutions' destruction of our pension funds by their charges, and how we are being misled or mis-sold products, especially when he talks about the legal kickbacks. I.E. commission is a warning/advice about charges and how the financial industry lobbied against certain changes in the law, to the detriment of us.
BEWARE OF THE CHARGES should be our mantra. Anyway, if you haven't seen it, enjoy it or if anyone has questions about fees. BTW Boggle shows the damage fees can do and you will also see how some of the other companies do squirm a little bit.

The Retirement Gamble (full documentary) | FRONTLINE PBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkOQNPIsO-Q
Last edited by Bubblegun on Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baldrick. Trying to save the world.
beanhead
Sage

Re: documentary on fees.

Post by beanhead »

Not sure if that one was posted before but there is a thread for useful videos:

https://www.retirejapan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2698
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

Thanks.
I had a little look but couldn't find it in the thread. Anyway, I will leave the link here as it might be easier to find that by searching through the whole thread.
Baldrick. Trying to save the world.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

Bubblegun wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:23 pm Thanks.
I had a little look but couldn't find it in the thread. Anyway, I will leave the link here as it might be easier to find that by searching through the whole thread.
Good idea. I watched this one a year or two ago. It was decent.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.