Suggestions for Investing for Someone with a Disability

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Nancy
Regular

Suggestions for Investing for Someone with a Disability

Post by Nancy »

Hi, I wondered if anyone had any suggestions for how someone with a developmental disability can invest in NISA. They would have support, but doing everything on-line would be difficult.
Tkydon
Sage

Re: Suggestions for Investing for Someone with a Disability

Post by Tkydon »

Starting in Jan, set monthly amount for Tsumitate NISA to invest in Low Cost All Country Global Equity Index Fund, such as eMaxiSlim All World All Country Equity Index Fund...
Set it once and forget it...

Annual Limit for Tsumitate will be Y1.2M, so max Y100,000 per month.
:
:
This Guide to Japanese Taxes, English and Japanese Tai-Yaku 対訳, is now a little dated:

https://zaik.jp/books/472-4

The Publisher is not planning to publish an update for '23 Tax Season.
shyam

Post by shyam »

Investing can be tricky, but having support is a good start. You might want to explore brokerage firms or banks that offer personalized assistance. They can help set up and manage investments for someone with a developmental disability. Just make sure to check fees and options.
Deep Blue
Veteran

Post by Deep Blue »

Power of attorney vested in a family member or close friend?
Nancy
Regular

Post by Nancy »

Thanks everyone. I was really thinking of a bank or brokerage house in Japan that would give extra support, without charging high fees (although I'm sure there would be some fees since it is not being done on-line. I'll try and investigate a little more what options are available in Japan. At this point he is not really ready for a power of attorney, although that it an option. It looks like in Japan, that the court decides who gets the power of attorney, and may not be the family member who made the application etc.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

Nancy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:19 am Thanks everyone. I was really thinking of a bank or brokerage house in Japan that would give extra support, without charging high fees (although I'm sure there would be some fees since it is not being done on-line. I'll try and investigate a little more what options are available in Japan. At this point he is not really ready for a power of attorney, although that it an option. It looks like in Japan, that the court decides who gets the power of attorney, and may not be the family member who made the application etc.
I'm afraid it's a liability issue. It might be one of the fringe cases where a reasonably priced and licenced account manager might be the right call. Or possibly a robot service.