Apply for class 3 contributions UK pension

richardnoge
Probation (posts moderated and no PMs)

Re: Apply for class 3 contributions UK pension

Post by richardnoge »

Thanks for the info, I tried to login to UK Gateway. Yes it is updated. However it is only configured for the UK Photocard Driving License. As a Brit living in Japan for 30+ years I only have the green paper version. So, out of the 3 choices they offer, I only have the UK passport as proof of identity. I tried filing in the boxes with data from my old green paper driving license and got rejected. So, still unable to access my state pension forecast. It was working fine until they shutdown the system a year ago… I have fully qualified because of voluntary class 3 annual payments over the 35 years. Anyway, will seek help using the digital HMRC instant help during UK time working hours. Will let you all know what happens.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

richardnoge wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:20 am So, still unable to access my state pension forecast.
I can't access Gateway either.
I called DWP and, once they have confirmed you are who you claim to be, they will send you the forecast. Usually takes a few weeks, but the letter does appear.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
beanhead
Sage

Post by beanhead »

richardnoge wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:20 am Thanks for the info, I tried to login to UK Gateway. Yes it is updated. However it is only configured for the UK Photocard Driving License.
Also, I have an expired photo card. I assume they will not allow that. Not sure whether it is worth trying...
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
richardnoge

Post by richardnoge »

Hi All, update on my call to UK regarding login to Gateway. Well, I was told it would be impossible for me to login without ID check using any TWO of the 3 choices. I have the UK passport, but do not have a UK Photocard Driving License, just the old green paper type which is valid until I reach 70!. The other choice being a UK credit check. Well living in Japan for 30+ years makes that option out of the equation.Anyway, they will post me my pension forecast and the amount needed to be paid to top up. So, I told them I was able to login for 10 years and keep tabs on it, but now we are going back in time to postage stamps and the postman! Surely my UK passport and green paper UK License is proof. I can even show them my birth certificate and original NI card… Alas, no! So, there you have it….
Bubblegun
Veteran

Post by Bubblegun »

richardnoge wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:10 am Hi All, update on my call to UK regarding login to Gateway. Well, I was told it would be impossible for me to login without ID check using any TWO of the 3 choices. I have the UK passport, but do not have a UK Photocard Driving License, just the old green paper type which is valid until I reach 70!. The other choice being a UK credit check. Well living in Japan for 30+ years makes that option out of the equation.Anyway, they will post me my pension forecast and the amount needed to be paid to top up. So, I told them I was able to login for 10 years and keep tabs on it, but now we are going back in time to postage stamps and the postman! Surely my UK passport and green paper UK License is proof. I can even show them my birth certificate and original NI card… Alas, no! So, there you have it….
Sometimes there was beauty in the simplicity, and security of a pen, paper and a photocopy of the past. Now it feels like we chase our tails, clicking, searching, putting in codes, picking pictures, only to get, SORRY, please go around the loop again.Feel your pain.
Baldrick. Trying to save the world.
Wales4rugbyWC23
Veteran

Post by Wales4rugbyWC23 »

I had so many problems with registering my wife with the gateway account that I did her tax return for a small rental income on paper, it was not that challenging.
Aliyaaii

Post by Aliyaaii »

jonnyd wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:57 am So I was given a reference number and sent off the bank transfer of 15 years, it was around 12.000 pounds. But now they say it's not been credited to my account yet, but how long will it take to be credited?
The time it takes for a bank transfer to be credited can vary depending on the banks involved, but it typically takes 1-5 business days.
Hi guys
My name is Aliya Khan I am a new member of this site
Nrega Job Card List