Who needs new passport details?

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
Bubblegun
Veteran

Re: Who needs new passport details?

Post by Bubblegun »

Gareth wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:54 am Hi all

I recently renewed my British passport. I have been asked for a copy of the photo page from the company I work for as a contractor but not an employee.

Am I actually legally required to give this to the company? I have PR and am not sponsored by the company. Are they legally required to have this info? Why isn’t a Residence Card enough?

This has really got me thinking. Does anyone else need the info? As far as I can tell, things like iDeCo, NISA, Monex, banks, city office, even immigration don’t need the details. So why would an employer?
I don't see any need if they have my number and a residents card. I haven't renewed my passport in years, and not even sure if I can find it. But I should renew it.....just incase. I can understand if a person turns up with no MY number, No residents cards, No, health insurance card, its their fist ever time looking for work.but not in this case.
Baldrick. Trying to save the world.
Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Re: Who needs new passport details?

Post by Roger Van Zant »

Funnily enough I just visited my shitty local bank in Kyushu this afternoon in response to a letter they sent me last week.
I had to take my bank book and zairyu card.
The clerk photocopied my zairyu card and said thank you very much. I was out of there within five minutes.
The letter said something about tighter controls against money laundering or some such nonsense.

Not my passport, but still, just adding this here.
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
iDeCo (Monex) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
新NISA (SBI) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
Japanese pension (kosei nenkin) ✓
UK pension (Class 2 payer) ✓