SBI Junior NISA which option to choose

concerned
Veteran

SBI Junior NISA which option to choose

Post by concerned »

Hi All
I was able to get my Junior NISA setup and was going to buy the All Country Fund this morning, however the below 2 options are being offered when I buy the fund:
ジュニアNISA口座-特定預り/一般預り
ジュニアNISA口座-旧NISA預り

Just wondering which I should select here?
Thanks in advance
Yokohama
Regular

Re: SBI Junior NISA which option to choose

Post by Yokohama »

To use the Junior NISA account, you will need to select ジュニアNISA口座-旧NISA預り. The other account is a taxable / regular account.
concerned
Veteran

Post by concerned »

Yokohama wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:15 am To use the Junior NISA account, you will need to select ジュニアNISA口座-旧NISA預り. The other account is a taxable / regular account.
Thanks! Yokohama for your reply on this
alberto
Regular

Post by alberto »

Yokohama wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:15 am To use the Junior NISA account, you will need to select ジュニアNISA口座-旧NISA預り. The other account is a taxable / regular account.
How can be taxable a ジュニアNISA口座?
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

alberto wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:35 am
How can be taxable a ジュニアNISA口座?
There are actually 3 types of accounts

1. Youth Taxable Account
2. Junior Nisa Standard Account
3. Junior Nisa Overflow Taxable Account

The program has changed (and improved) post-cancelation, so this structure is a bit confusing.

If you contributed money to the Junir-NISA it originally went in a "lock box" that could not be withdrawn until the child was 20 (later 18, {now at any time post-2024}).

If you contributed over the maximum amount somehow, or accrued dividends (I think?), it went into the locked taxable portion of the Junior Nisa.

Never purposefully use that third option, one should only want to use the 1 and 2.