Ideco contribution levels/bands

goran
Veteran

Re: Ideco contribution levels/bands

Post by goran »

adamu wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:36 pm Yes. The fees for funds in a company DC tend to be are higher than iDeCo I believe. But it's still the case you get ¥55k tax free allowance, rather than just a ¥23k iDeCo allowance if there's no company DC.

Reminding me I should get on my to employer about that again... 😁
DCダイワ外国株式インデックス    :0.275%
ニッセイ日経225インデックスファンド:0.275%
三菱UFJ DC新興国株式インデックスファンド:0.374%

These are the baskets where my eggs are parked right now. But almost all of the available 55k allowance is from the company and only a small portion from my side to fulfill the 55k. So, creating a separate iDeCo account and managing it separately may not be the way for me. Unless the management fees are like half of these numbers. (even then I may not be tempted)
Last edited by goran on Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
zeroshiki
Veteran

Post by zeroshiki »

The reason I didn't go for iDeCo and kept my company DC is because my company allows me to contribute more than 20k a month matching (upto a 55k max). I figured the ability to contribute >20k was greater than the advantage I get for getting eMaxis Slim All World in iDeCo.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

You cost the company the same whether they match your DC or pay you the equivalent salary for you to put in iDeCo.

Of course in practice most DC plans might be use it or lose it with no effect on salary. But if you can choose, I'd take the money and put it in iDeCo for the better rates.
Roger Van Zant
Veteran

Post by Roger Van Zant »

zeroshiki wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:27 am The reason I didn't go for iDeCo and kept my company DC is because my company allows me to contribute more than 20k a month matching (upto a 55k max). I figured the ability to contribute >20k was greater than the advantage I get for getting eMaxis Slim All World in iDeCo.
Since my company offeres a DB plan, my iDeCo contributions are limited to a measly 12,000 yen per month. I hate it.
Investments:
Company DB scheme ✓
iDeCo (Monex) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
新NISA (SBI) eMaxis Slim All Country ✓
Japanese pension (kosei nenkin) ✓
UK pension (Class 2 payer) ✓