Next retirement move? Into the hills...

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
captainspoke
Sage

Next retirement move? Into the hills...

Post by captainspoke »

There's plenty of bamboo around here, where I go for walks. Maybe I've sort of missed the boat by not setting up a place there sooner?

Chinese FIRE: https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/27/chin ... index.html

And by the way, if you get a chance, the movie Perfect Days is good.
Attachments
bamboo.jpeg
Moneymatters
Veteran

Re: Next retirement move? Into the hills...

Post by Moneymatters »

captainspoke wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:31 am There's plenty of bamboo around here, where I go for walks. Maybe I've sort of missed the boat by not setting up a place there sooner?

Chinese FIRE: https://edition.cnn.com/2023/12/27/chin ... index.html
Good find. There’s a lot of that article that stands out, specifically the shocking youth unemployment stats and one region hoping to “send” unemployed youth to rural areas.. ominous stuff.

But I wouldn’t want to detract from the real message here which again seems to be that vlogging is the solution to all the worlds problems.
So with that said, I’d like to take this opportunity to introduce you all to my new platform connecting stressed out city dwellers with those living simple lives tending the land as it were.. “Only Farms” is the title I’m going with. :shock:
Maybe I can get a tie-in with the phone game were you plant crops and stuff.. (I wonder if you can get an AI bot to tend your digital fields for you..)
"That guy"
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

Moneymatters wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:35 pm...Good find. There’s a lot of that article that stands out, specifically the shocking youth unemployment stats and one region hoping to “send” unemployed youth to rural areas.. ominous stuff.
It's probably been scrubbed from history and the popular consciousness, but that last part does recall the cultural revolution, and being sent to the countryside to learn from the peasants.
AreTheyTheLemmings?
Veteran

Post by AreTheyTheLemmings? »

Moneymatters wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:35 pm“Only Farms”