Rakuten new tsumitate nisa setup date

Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Re: Rakuten new tsumitate nisa setup date

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

O.S wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:05 am
RetireJapan wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:29 am Just did Rakuten for my wife: up to 50,000 on CC, the rest from broker account.

Hopefully they'll enable PC interface soon :lol:
you did it on Rakuten credit card or other credit card?
And, did you make a video on how to set it?
Rakuten -> Rakuten card, no other option.

Because careful of using family cards everyone, Rakuten says it may trigger gift tax.
O.S

Post by O.S »

RetireJapan wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:38 am
RetireJapan wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:29 am Just did Rakuten for my wife: up to 50,000 on CC, the rest from broker account.

You can only use Rakuten CC! Thanks for the reminder about the video :lol:
So, if I don't have Rakuten CC (and don't want one), how can I invest my investment trust part of my NISA?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

O.S wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:41 am So, if I don't have Rakuten CC (and don't want one), how can I invest my investment trust part of my NISA?
You set it up to take the money from your broker cash account. There are three options to fund tsumitate regular mutual fund purchases: your cash account, Rakuten Cash, and a Rakuten credit card.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
O.S

Post by O.S »

I see you uploaded the video... thank :)
I did set it up 2 days ago via my bank account, I hope it will work as planned... I will see on January 24th
one thing Im not sure, whether there is any cost to this auto payment?
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

O.S wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:29 am

I see you uploaded the video... thank :)
I did set it up 2 days ago via my bank account, I hope it will work as planned... I will see on January 24th
one thing Im not sure, whether there is any cost to this auto payment?
No extra payment fees. Just the fund fees.
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
ivanpgs
Regular

Post by ivanpgs »

goran wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:07 am
RetireJapan wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:11 pm
Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:40 pm You can only make spot purchases in the Growth frame.
Really? Is it not currently possible to set up tsumitate regular payments in the legacy Regular NISA? I guess I have never tried, just assumed you could.
I think what Tsumitate Wrestler meant was Spot Purchases are only possible in the growth frame and Tsumitate portion doesn't allow spot purchases.

I have done my tsumitate (regular addition) set up in the Growth portion too.
Interesting,...

My wife did the setup for the Tsumitate portion around mid December and the orders were only eligible for execution from February onwards. She has 50K with Rakuten Cash and 50K using Rakuten Card. That will cover 1.1M out of the maximum 1.2M per year on the Tsumitate part. As she was also having a Tsumitate order for the old Tsumitate NISA of 33,333 yen, that got rollover for New NISA Tsumitate and executed in January.

Currently the situation is that she got purchased in January for the amount of 33,333 yen, and from February onwards it will be 100K yen on monthly bases, adding up to 1,133,333 yen by the end of the month.

The funny thing is that there is no way to setup a spot purchase to buy those 66,667 yen that would maximize the Tsumitate portion for this year, because spot purchases are not allowed for Tsumitate portion, and also the maximum you can contribute for Tsumitate is 100K yen a month. Then, if you miss once single payment or if you forgot to setup up from the beginning, or did setup less than 100K and you want ti change it later to a bigger amount, there is no chance with the current rules that you can maximize the first year of Tsumitate portion. (Or if there is, then I might be missing something :roll: )
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

ivanpgs wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:34 am Tsumitate portion around mid December and the orders were only eligible for execution from February onwards. She has 50K with Rakuten Cash and 50K using Rakuten Card.
It was possible to get it set up for January in mid-December if funding by bank transfer. The limitation comes from the credit card. They are basically timing it so that even with a credit card, the money comes out of your bank account at the time the investment clears, ensuring you are not buying investments with money you don't have.
ivanpgs wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:34 am Or if there is, then I might be missing something :roll:
You can set up bonus payments for the Tsumitate portion to make sure it's maxed out.
ivanpgs
Regular

Post by ivanpgs »

Actually, I have tried without luck to add bonus to the Tsumitate portion to max out this year.

Probably the problem is because the current setup is 50K for Rakuten Cash + 50K for Rakuten Card. Then, when I tried to add more for the Tsumitate portion, I get the error that I reached the limit for the Tsumitate part. Of course, (50K+50K)x12 would actually reach 1.2M for this year, however, the first month got only 33,333 yen in that Tsumitate portion. It seems to me that they have not taken in account the annual year limit reading the current amount in the Tsumitate part (in this case 33,333 yen) and adding up the number of yet to be done contributions (11 x 100K yen).

I wonder if editing the Rakuten Cash part to be less than 50K temporarily would let me add a one time contribution (bonus) to be withdraw from the Rakuten bank account.

Here are some screenshots I have taken so that it adds-up to my poor description of the problem :lol:

1. Above is my current setup for monthly contributions. (50K for Rakuten Cash + 50K for Rakuten Card)
2. The current process of this year Tsumitate is 33,333 yen.
3. I try to setup some extra Tsumitate bonus for the remaining 66,667 yen.
4. I get the error stating that I have reached the contribution limit.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

Sorry, I don't have a Rakuten NISA so I can't check in detail, but it looks like you are trying to set up a new Tsumitate order. I think you need to edit the existing one.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

ivanpgs wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:02 am Above.
Looks like you cannot do a straight bonus, you need to set a new tsumitate with a bonus.

At least 100 yen a month x 12 + Bonus. Your current allocation will not allow that.

Try 65,467 yen bonus with 100 yen a month tsumutate.