Rakuten new tsumitate nisa setup date

ivanpgs
Regular

Re: Rakuten new tsumitate nisa setup date

Post by ivanpgs »

adamu wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:35 pm Sorry, I don't have a Rakuten NISA so I can't check in detail, but it looks like you are trying to set up a new Tsumitate order. I think you need to edit the existing one.
No problem. It is actually quite complicated. Rakuten Shoken guys did not think about editing use cases in depth. Editing Rakuten Cash and Rakuten Card will not allow to set the bonus on them. It seems bonus is only allowed when you use Rakuten Bank contributions. I can edit Rakuten Cash and Rakuten Card numbers from 50,000 yen to be lower, and use the amount lowered to create a new element for Rakuten Bank monthly contributions and bonus. However, it is somehow complicated to get them matching the exact 1.2M per year. I did the numbers, but it seems the calculations they are doing internally differ, lol, I am going to get crazy to match it all together.
ivanpgs
Regular

Post by ivanpgs »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:39 pm
ivanpgs wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:02 am Above.
Looks like you cannot do a straight bonus, you need to set a new tsumitate with a bonus.

At least 100 yen a month x 12 + Bonus. Your current allocation will not allow that.

Try 65,467 yen bonus with 100 yen a month tsumutate.
I have tried similar to your solution. I wanted to do a bonus payment of 66,667 yen to cover up the gap they did not charge in January.
For that I divided 66,667 yen / 12 = 5,555.583 to get the yens per month I need to reduce from, let's say, Rakuten Cash monthly contributions. That gives me the number 44,444.416 yen. I did lower the monthly contributions to that amount on Rakuten Cash. Then I created another Tsumitate item with 100 yen month contributions and 66,667 - 1200 = 65,467 yen as you mentioned, but it seems that internally they are doing other calculations, as I get the error of getting over the annual amount of 1.2M.

I must be doing something wrong or there is a bug on their side, lol. Anyway, way too complicated how to overcome this kind of problems without the spot purchase. I wonder why they did not think about these kind of cases...
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Or maybe don't bother? Just spend an extra month reaching your lifetime limit.

There's no prize for finishing early 😉
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
ivanpgs
Regular

Post by ivanpgs »

RetireJapan wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:35 pm Or maybe don't bother? Just spend an extra month reaching your lifetime limit.

There's no prize for finishing early 😉
Yeah, I was just trying to know how the heck find the correct way to do that but I could not yesterday night. After a good (well, not so good) night sleep I came up with the solution.

I have reduce temporarily the monthly contribution from the Rakuten Cash from 50,000 to 40,000 yen. That would free up 10,000 x 12 (actually 11, but they calculate using 12). Then, I can create another Tsumitate portion withdrawing from Rakuten Bank, that should cover that 10,000 yen from February and the 66,667 yen that I could not execute in January. That would be 10,000 yen + 66,667 yen = 76,667 yen.

Then the idea is that February contribution will be:

- Rakuten Card 50,000 + Rakuten Cash 40,000 + Rakuten Bank 100 + 76,567 = 166,667 yen

That would add up to the current January total of 33,333 yen and make 200,000 yens.
Then after the contribution is done, hopefully by the 1st of February everything should be good (Rakuten Cash and Card is around mid January), then I will remove the Rakuten Bank Tsumitate portion and get back to "normal" the contribution for Rakuten Cash to 50,000.

Hopefully it can help anyone in the same or similar situation than me.
Sorry for all this confusion in the thread :roll:
linkthe2nd

Post by linkthe2nd »

Didn’t realize the Rakuten card and Rakuten cash payment methods had to be reserved before January -_- was confused that it said if I were to set it up now, the first purchase would be done in March. Reading up on the other posts, the bonus tsumitate method seems too much of a hassle (bad at math)

What a pain! I made a Rakuten card just for this too 🤡 guess I will just pay by depositing money into my brokerage account.