Rakuten Card asking twice for zairyu card

This forum is to discuss anything to do with banks and banking services.
ToushiTime
Veteran

Rakuten Card asking twice for zairyu card

Post by ToushiTime »

Hi,

Have any Rakuten Cards users on here recently received an email request for a zairyu card copy, followed by a snail mail request five days later?

The snail mail version didn't mention it was sent out regardless of whether the user had already uploaded.

There were no error messages when I uploaded my card last week, so I assume and hope that is the case.
beanhead
Sage

Re: Rakuten Card asking twice for zairyu card

Post by beanhead »

I have 2 Rakuten cards. Don't think they have contacted me at all yet, although I do filter junk email so I should probably check again.
Aiming to retire at 60 and live for a while longer. 95% index funds (eMaxis Slim etc), 5% Japanese dividend stocks.
danny15

Post by danny15 »

ToushiTime wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:01 am Hi,

Have any Rakuten Cards users on here recently received an email request for a zairyu card copy, followed by a snail mail request five days later?

The snail mail version didn't mention it was sent out regardless of whether the user had already uploaded.

There were no error messages when I uploaded my card last week, so I assume and hope that is the case.
Yes, at first I received the email asking me to upload my zairyu card. I tried to do it, but it wouldn't work. Then just yesterday I received the snail mail giving me the option to do it that way, fortunately. I suppose that if you successfully did it online, you can just bin the snail mail :)
ToushiTime
Veteran

Post by ToushiTime »

danny15 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:22 pm
ToushiTime wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:01 am Hi,

Yes, at first I received the email asking me to upload my zairyu card. I tried to do it, but it wouldn't work. Then just yesterday I received the snail mail giving me the option to do it that way, fortunately. I suppose that if you successfully did it online, you can just bin the snail mail :)
I had to retake the photo several times because the app was fussy about lighting. I think I also had to change the photo privacy settings on my phone.