Recommendation of tax accountant

Beaglehound
Veteran

Re: Recommendation of tax accountant

Post by Beaglehound »

ayetobee wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:04 am Thank you for this list, it has been very helpful.
I contacted all the most appropriate to my situation (not a US citizen, living in Japan for less than five years, only one job).
I have been very surprised with the cost, the two who quoted their price up front were between 150,000 yen and 210,000 yen. Those who asked questions and responded with a price were between the two of those as well.
Is my experience unique, or is that the going price for an accountant in Japan?
To do what?
ayetobee

Post by ayetobee »

ayetobee wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:04 am Thank you for this list, it has been very helpful.
I contacted all the most appropriate to my situation (not a US citizen, living in Japan for less than five years, only one job).
I have been very surprised with the cost, the two who quoted their price up front were between 150,000 yen and 210,000 yen. Those who asked questions and responded with a price were between the two of those as well.
Is my experience unique, or is that the going price for an accountant in Japan?
To clarify this further, I am an Australian and use a specific expat accountant in Australia who did both my and my wife's return just recently for the same variables (equities, income in two countries, transferring monies, the recent sale of assets, etc.), and the cost was one quarter for both, the above is just for mine.
ayetobee

Post by ayetobee »

Beaglehound wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:13 am
To do what?
The tax return for 2023 for both my wife and I.