new nisa general questions

bryanc
Veteran

Re: new nisa general questions

Post by bryanc »

if all country and similar are not allowed in the tsumitate portion of the nisa-what do people advise investing in?
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

I think you said you are with Monex. They should certainly be offering all country.

The real question is first, what are your goals and objectives. NISA is just tax free investment. So start by thinking about what you want from your investments and why and when. That you won’t need to pay tax on any profit is secondary.
northSaver
Veteran

Post by northSaver »

sutebayashi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:33 am Some might think of iDeCo as being a separate strategy since one typically won’t be able to access it until the retirement age. Personally I think of it all as my single portfolio, and prioritize buying the growthier assets in the different tax advantaged accounts.
Spot on. That's what I do too. At the end of every quarter I add up and calculate my allocations by asset class (stocks, bonds, cash, gold, real estate and crypto) across all my accounts (iDeCo, NISA, brokerage, banks), then rebalance and/or adjust contributions as necessary.
bryanc wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:36 am if all country and similar are not allowed in the tsumitate portion of the nisa-what do people advise investing in?
You can buy All Country in Tsumitate. It's a mutual fund, so no problem. Only ETFs can't be bought in the Tsumitate portion.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

northSaver wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:52 am
sutebayashi wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:33 am Some might think of iDeCo as being a separate strategy since one typically won’t be able to access it until the retirement age. Personally I think of it all as my single portfolio, and prioritize buying the growthier assets in the different tax advantaged accounts.
Spot on. That's what I do too. At the end of every quarter I add up and calculate my allocations by asset class (stocks, bonds, cash, gold, real estate and crypto) across all my accounts (iDeCo, NISA, brokerage, banks), then rebalance and/or adjust contributions as necessary.
bryanc wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:36 am if all country and similar are not allowed in the tsumitate portion of the nisa-what do people advise investing in?
You can buy All Country in Tsumitate. It's a mutual fund, so no problem. Only ETFs can't be bought in the Tsumitate portion.
The confusion here may be that All Country /オール・カントリー、通称-オルカン {Oillcan? :lol: }, now seems to refer to any MSCI ACWI tracker.

There are many of these trackers which are Fund/Mutual Funds, and there are a few that are ETFS.

The most famous fund is EMaxis Slim All Country
The most famous ETF is MAXIS ALL Country コード2559
styxomaniac
Regular

Post by styxomaniac »

I am one of those who got confused by mutual funds and ETFs. I was under the assumption that they are very similar. All portfolio tools that I use are from the US, so I convert my eMaxis All Country to ACWI, eMaxis S&P to VOO, Nissan Nasdaq to QQQ, Kokusai to TOK, etc.
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

styxomaniac wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:05 am mutual funds and ETFs
This US has the same distinction. For example VFIAX vs VOO.