Question About the Rakuten Shoken Interface

This is a safe space to ask any questions, no matter how basic.
MyTime
Regular

Question About the Rakuten Shoken Interface

Post by MyTime »

I wonder if anyone here can help me with this.

I have my NISA account with Rakuten Shoken. I sold some funds at the beginning of the year after they had been moved from my old NISA into my regular taxable (tax-reporting) account so that I could use the money to purchase funds in the new NISA. In the short interim the value of the funds rose slightly and I made a a small taxable profit.

The tax seems to have been deducted automatically, but I can't find the section of the website that tells me how much tax was deducted and when. It must be somewhere?! Can anyone give me any pointers? Would be most grateful!
adamu
Sage

Re: Question About the Rakuten Shoken Interface

Post by adamu »

I had the same issue on SBI 3 years ago and started a guide here, maybe Rakuten is similar:

https://retirewiki.jp/wiki/SBI_Securities
Butterball
Regular

Post by Butterball »

There are a few places to find this information. As is common with Rakuten & Japanese websites in general, there are multiple paths to get there and all of them are non-obvious.

There's a screen specifically breaking down your capital gains taxes:
Open "My Menu" (マイメニュー), click on "特定口座損益(譲渡益税)" [under "損益・税金履歴"].

You can also find this info on the screen that I personally find to be one of the most useful on Rakuten:
My Menu -> "口座明細(精算履歴)" in the "入出金・振替" column. You'll get the screen to view all your account activity. Just click 表示 to see the report; taxes paid are 譲渡益税(住民税) and 譲渡益税(所得税).
MyTime
Regular

Post by MyTime »

Perfect! Thanks so much Butterball. (Thanks also to Adamu for his response.)
Butterball wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:53 am As is common with Rakuten & Japanese websites in general, there are multiple paths to get there and all of them are non-obvious.
Yeah, I'm no expert on website design, but it seems they could do better. It feels like going in circles playing the "Choose Your Own Adventure" book from Hell. :|