Milestone Thread

Anything that doesn't fit in another forum
sutebayashi
Veteran

Re: Milestone Thread

Post by sutebayashi »

They might hike the capital gains tax rate in future too - you have your expanded nisa now so to sock/soak you rich and have you pay your fair share, it wouldn’t surprise me if elected politicians try and hike the capital gains rate in future.

It could go down again too I suppose…

At least, if realizing profits, it hopefully wouldn’t be all in one hit. Unless they do hike the rate, in which case the incentive to front run it is stronger.
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

adamu wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:07 am Still time to move to Singapore :)

Or to look at it another way: would you pay 20% to stay here?
For comparison purposes, how much is that exit tax going to be...?
JimNasium
Veteran

Post by JimNasium »

I just hit one of my first big milestones: one year of gross salary in my iDeCo and NISA. I took a bit of a hit when I moved my taxable into the new NISA, but things have been going extremely well👍
goran
Veteran

Post by goran »

This thread is really great! It gives me another perspective to look at where I am in a different angle, perhaps.

Although still a long way from my goal, but combining my NISA and DC assets, I have reached 2 year's worth of my first Japan salary.
My first Japan salary was quite low, but I started to accumulate only 2 years ago! so, yayy!! 8-)
CluelessToshika
Regular

Post by CluelessToshika »

CluelessToshika wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:43 pm Dunno if this is a milestone, but I finally have my SBI account set up and working and some money I put into it is now complaining it has to do some work rather than laze around in my bank account.
NISA growth allocation maxed out and first tsumitate transfer completed successfully, so that part should max itself out over the course of the year.
captainspoke
Sage

Post by captainspoke »

Should there also be a Millstone Thread?

:roll: ;)
CluelessToshika
Regular

Post by CluelessToshika »

captainspoke wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:46 am Should there also be a Millstone Thread?

:roll: ;)
For grain-related commodities trading?