New NISA Tsumitate - minimum monthly?

sutebayashi
Veteran

Re: New NISA Tsumitate - minimum monthly?

Post by sutebayashi »

I recently got a Monex card, ordered through Monex, but then I could not use it with Monex for tsumitate because the name on the Monex card didn’t match that on my Monex account.

So, I identified that they (somehow) got the name wrong on my card, and requested them to change it. Paperwork back and forth…

… and they issued me an identical looking card which seemingly has my name corrected now… (I need to try setting up tsumitate again now)

There should be some place to login and see what name they have stored for your card, and if you go through the paperwork to change it, it might work!
mcpaullibra

Post by mcpaullibra »

sutebayashi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:58 am I recently got a Monex card, ordered through Monex, but then I could not use it with Monex for tsumitate because the name on the Monex card didn’t match that on my Monex account.

So, I identified that they (somehow) got the name wrong on my card, and requested them to change it. Paperwork back and forth…

… and they issued me an identical looking card which seemingly has my name corrected now… (I need to try setting up tsumitate again now)

There should be some place to login and see what name they have stored for your card, and if you go through the paperwork to change it, it might work!
Thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately, it's Rakuten (customer support is less than stellar) and I've been going back and forth with them about this very problem for over two years now. First had the problem with my Rakuten mobile (still unresolved and I gave up). I've had them reissue my two Rakuten cards because of this. You won't believe it but I've checked the names on all my Rakuten services and there is no single discrepancy among them.
One thing I might try is to have them send me the physical paperwork by post.

It's also frustrating that there is no telephone support service for Rakuten Securities. It's just their clueless chatbot.
Tsumitate Wrestler
Veteran

Post by Tsumitate Wrestler »

mcpaullibra wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:33 am
sutebayashi wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:58 am I recently got a Monex card, ordered through Monex, but then I could not use it with Monex for tsumitate because the name on the Monex card didn’t match that on my Monex account.

Thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately, it's Rakuten (customer support is less than stellar) and I've been going back and forth with them about this very problem for over two years now. First had the problem with my Rakuten mobile (still unresolved and I gave up). I've had them reissue my two Rakuten cards because of this. You won't believe it but I've checked the names on all my Rakuten services and there is no single discrepancy among them.

It's also frustrating that there is no telephone support service for Rakuten Securities. It's just their clueless chatbot.
I got this sorted with Rakuten (Rakuten card) and SBI (NL Gold) within a week.

SBI - Sent a message via their internal messaging service, fixed on their side within days. {Japanese - w/Deepl to help}

Rakuten - Called Rakuten Card, and they called Rakuten Shoken to get it sorted. {In English - Had the 2000 yen Rakuten Gold Card at the time.}
mcpaullibra

Post by mcpaullibra »

Tsumitate Wrestler wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:45 am
mcpaullibra wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:33 am

I got this sorted with Rakuten (Rakuten card) and SBI (NL Gold) within a week.

SBI - Sent a message via their internal messaging service, fixed on their side within days. {Japanese - w/Deepl to help}

Rakuten - Called Rakuten Card, and they called Rakuten Shoken to get it sorted. {In English - Had the 2000 yen Rakuten Gold Card at the time.}
Thanks a lot. Tried calling Rakuten card this morning, but couldn't get hold of any human operators. Will try again. Good to know someone had the same problem resolved.