Simple (?) Spousal Visa Question

This is a safe space to ask any questions, no matter how basic.
adamu
Sage

Re: Simple (?) Spousal Visa Question

Post by adamu »

Yatsushiro2 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:09 pm we can Register Moving-In at the local City Hall right away as well.
I believe you need to be a mid to long term resident (aka not temporary visitor) to do this. So your wife can do it, but you'll need to wait for the residence card, I think.
Yatsushiro2 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:09 pm The local staff really have no interest in being helpful. They've truly embraced the Canadian work ethic and exemplify the typical level of service in Canada.
Yatsushiro2 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:59 pm Consolate
Maybe it's a nationality thing. Like knowing how to spell consulate. Or maybe everyone is doing their best and deserves the benefit of the doubt. 😏
Yatsushiro2
Regular

Re: Simple (?) Spousal Visa Question

Post by Yatsushiro2 »

adamu wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:39 pm
Yatsushiro2 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:09 pm we can Register Moving-In at the local City Hall right away as well.
I believe you need to be a mid to long term resident (aka not temporary visitor) to do this. So your wife can do it, but you'll need to wait for the residence card, I think.
Yatsushiro2 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:09 pm The local staff really have no interest in being helpful. They've truly embraced the Canadian work ethic and exemplify the typical level of service in Canada.
Yatsushiro2 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:59 pm Consolate
Maybe it's a nationality thing. Like knowing how to spell consulate. Or maybe everyone is doing their best and deserves the benefit of the doubt. 😏
Good point about waiting to register at City Hall till I get a residence card.

Regarding the local Consulate staff; my wife described them as dismissive and borderline rude, which is typical of Canadian service these days. I suppose we both expected more because we are always so impressed with service in Japan, where almost everyone does seem to be doing their best.