Kakutei Shinkoku 2024 using the online eTax system?

AntarcticFinance
Regular

Kakutei Shinkoku 2024 using the online eTax system?

Post by AntarcticFinance »

Hi everyone,

Given the deadline is this Friday 15 March, I realise I have left it a little late to complete my Tax Declaration (kakutei-shinkoki) for this year.

However, in theory my case should be straightforward. I am a salaried employee who already completed my Year-end tax adjustment (nenmatsu-chosei) in November. I just have to claim for my furusato nozei only (I didn't use the 'one-stop' system). Is that possible online using e-tax?

Sorry if this is a really basic question, this is my first time not submitting in person.
Dee.Geo
Regular

Re: Kakutei Shinkoku 2024 using the online eTax system?

Post by Dee.Geo »

Yes, it is possible.
I just did it today. I did it for my wife and it was smooth. But while I was doing mine my myna card connecting with e-tax has been showing an error. Since my wife's was done I believe it is just a technical glitch and I keep trying every 2-3 hours.
We were also doing e-tax filing for the first time.
RetireJapan
Site Admin

Post by RetireJapan »

Ha, ha, I did mine today. Took about 70 minutes from logging in to sending in the final return. Quite impressed with some of the automation (scanning 源泉徴収票 from photo, etc.).

Good luck!
English teacher and writer. RetireJapan founder. Avid reader.

eMaxis Slim Shady 8-)
adamu
Sage

Post by adamu »

adamu wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:43 am You should have a 源泉徴収票 from your employer with all the details.

If you file using the NTA's 作成コーナー app, it walks you through inputting all the info from that, which should result in 0 tax due. Then you can add the [medical and] furusato nozei deductions.
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

AntarcticFinance wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:28 am I just have to claim for my furusato nozei only (I didn't use the 'one-stop' system). Is that possible online using e-tax?
In the process you’ll find an option to load up an XML file of the furusato nozei data. If you did all yours with Rakuten, you can have Rakuten produce an XML file for use here. Saves you typing each donation in manually. I gather other furusato nozei brokers can also produce such XML output.
AntarcticFinance
Regular

Post by AntarcticFinance »

RetireJapan wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:09 am Ha, ha, I did mine today. Took about 70 minutes from logging in to sending in the final return. Quite impressed with some of the automation (scanning 源泉徴収票 from photo, etc.).

Good luck!
Thanks for your reply, that's useful information. I just went to Rakuten's site to get the xml files (寄附金控除証明書の発行) and it says it takes 2 days to generate the file! Oh no. Guess I will have to somehow print it out and visit the tax office in person today, (fortunately close to me). Will be more organised next year.
sutebayashi
Veteran

Post by sutebayashi »

That two days thing seems inexact. It might be ready today before you head to the tax office if you are lucky :)